Ch 22: Bye, Bye, Squid-Beanie Sky

Credit to CrystalFeather0900 for the idea that made this story easy to continue. :D

It'll be happening sometime in the next chapter... Or possible the one after that. I don't really know, but I'll tell you when it comes so I can properly credit her.

Chapter Twenty-Two: Bye, Bye, Squid-Beanie Sky

Time: five ¼ seconds later

Place: the City Center

Sky's POV

"Stop him!" Ty yells as E-Ty punches the announcement board, setting it on fire. Ty's evil double quickly moves on to the street, which is indeed made of coal.

Team Crafted converges on E-Ty while shouting weird battle cries, which is extremely worrying because the city is currently a mess of panicked citizens and one of them is likely to get injured soon. "Oh my Notch, calm down! You can't kill him-" I shout, but I'm cut off when a hand slaps over my mouth and I'm dragged backwards, toward the edge of the city. I thrash around, trying to break free as the hand muffles any noises I try to make.

Finally I tear free for a few seconds. "Help!" I shriek before I'm pulled back again.

"Shut up, you evil wannabe Sky!" a British version of my voice hisses in my ear. I kick, punch, do everything I can to struggle against the who-knows-how-many Skys that are dragging me back.

"Sky!" someone shouts, and then Ty is running towards me and slamming the butt of his sword into the British Sky's head. A different Sky – I think it's the one with the squid beanie – shoves his sword up to my neck, and I gulp in fear, closing my eyes. I open them, though, when I hear Ty again. "Don't you dare slide that blade one inch closer to his throat," he growls, shooting a threatening glare at the squid-beanie Sky.

That's not Ty.

That's E-Ty.

The squid-beanie Sky presses the sword into my throat, cutting a thin, shallow line into my neck. "Whatcha gonna do about it?"

Ty narrows his eyes. "This," he answers simply, pushing his diamond sword forward and through the squid-beanie Sky's torso. Good, he deserved it for wearing the stupid squid beanie.

The British Sky huffs and steps backward, pulling a girl Sky who I hadn't seen before with him. "We'll be back," he warns as he slides back into the crowd, disappearing from our sight. "We'll be back, and we'll kill you when your friends aren't around, you disgusting, traitorous excuse for a Sky!" He doesn't bother to help his squid-beanie friend, who is lying motionless on the ground.

I panic for a moment as I drop to my knees and feel for a pulse on the squid-beanie Sky's wrist. Sure, he's wearing a squid hat, but he's me! And Ty – erm, E-Ty – was using the enchanted diamond sword that he originally planned to kill me with, and what if the Specific Situations work on other copies of me, too?

"Calm down, Sky," E-Ty says, crouching down next to me. "It's just a delayed respawn. The crowd is creating a lot of lag in the city." Right as he finishes his sentence, the squid-beanie Sky disappears in a puff of smoke, and I breathe a sigh of relief. So they aren't affected by the Specific Situations. I guess it makes sense, since they don't have the Red Eyes.

"Thank you," I breathe out, glancing up at him.

He smiles a little, just a little. "No problem. You needed help, and your real friends were too busy trying to kill me to stop the other you from killing you." He pauses. "This doesn't make us friends, though. We are acquaintances, that's all."