Chapter Four

"Woah," Jack said. He and Raf had completely abandoned their video game by this point, hanging on Arcee's every word. 

           "Bumblebee and I made quite the formidable team," Arcee admitted with a smile. "We rose quickly to the top of the class, which didn't exactly make us popular. Me, to be more exact. No one could ever dislike Bee, which was unbelieveably irritating but something I grew to live with."

           "Bee was popular in school?" Raf clarified nervously. 

           "Not by his choice," Arcee assured him. "But he was, nontheless. He was quite the lady magnet."

           "So bots do fall in love," Miko deducted triumphantly. "Couldn't you have just said that?" she asked. Raf and Jack shot her glares and she withered.

          "I'm not done," Arcee informed her. "Bee and I became inseperable, in class or outside. This had it's consequences." She sighed heavily and rubeed her helm with her servo.

           "I'm not sure I want to tell you this," she confessed. "I've never told anyone. And to my knowledge, neither has Bee."

           "Come on!" Raf insisted. "Don't leave us hanging now!"

           "Yeah," Jack agreed. "Besides, it's nice hearing you talk about Cybertron before the war decimated it. I like imagining the ruined cities I saw as place where people lived, fought, and died." Arcee studied her young human partner. She couldn't deny that her spark was moved by his sentiment. 

           "Alright," she consented. "But you have to promise to never tell anyone what I tell you next. You can't even mention it to Bee. It's been a long time." 

           "We promise," Miko said, gesturing to the other two, who nodded in agreement. 

           "Rachet?" 

           "Eh-what?" He said, pretending he hadn't been listening. "Yes, yes I promise. Don't see the point, I've barely been listening anyways," he muttered. Arcee shook her head. She took a deep breath. The kids listened intently, and so did Rachet.