~6.

Jade P.O.V
It seemed like awhile that the group of boys and I were walking. We came to a quick halt when we saw train tracks in front of us and water surrounding it.

We all look around dumb founded. "Any if you guys know when the next train is due?" Vern asked looking at us.

   "We could go down to the route 136 bridge." Chris suggested. But I eyeballed him because that was like five miles always what the hell does he think, we're unstoppable?

   "What are you crazy?! That's five miles down the river. You walk five miles down the river you gotta walk five miles back. That could take till dark." Teddy explained.

   "Yeah exactly I am not walking five miles, especially not back and forth." I chimed in. I was already tired from all the walking.

   "We go across here we could get to the same place in ten minutes." Teddy said estimating the time.

   "Yeah but if a train comes there's no where else to go." Vern shot back.

   "Just jump." Teddy said in a chill tone.

   "Yeah sure I'll just jump!" I said in a sarcastic tone.

   "Teddy it's a hundred feet." Chris said, with Vern agreeing with him.

   "You guys can go around if ya want. I'm crossing here and while you guys are dragging your candy asses halfway across the state and back I'll be waiting for you on the other side relaxing with my thoughts." Teddy told us all glancing away.

   "You use your left hand or right hand for that?" Gordie said smirking. I had to hold in my urge to laugh.

   "You wish." Teddy said walking away towards the tracks, we all kinda followed him knowing going across the tracks was a way easier way than walking five miles and back.

Chris P.O.V
   We all walked on the tracks together, it seemed like they went on forever. I kept a close eye on Jade not wanting anything bad to happen to her. I turned around and noticed Gordie walking incredibly slow then I looked down and saw Vern on all fours crawling slowly. Ha I laughed in my mind.

   "I lost the comb." I heard Vern said behind me to Gordie and Jade.

   "Awe damn." Jade said in a sad sarcastic voice.

   "Forget it Vern." Gordie told him. We then continued going.

   A couple 50 seconds go by till I hear Gordie scream something I didn't wanna hear about till I was on the grass again...

   "TRAIN!!!" Gordie yelled at the top of his lungs. We all turned and so a train coming towards us on the track and that's when all havoc was wreaked.

   "Oh shit!" Vern yelled and started crawling faster.

   "Get up Vern!!!" I heard Gordie and Jade yell behind me. And after I heard Vern fall to the ground. "Get up!!! We're gonna die!!!!!!" They shouted and got him up running again. Go faster is all heard.

   "Run man! Move your asses!" I yelled at them. Gordie then pushed both Vern and Jade over to the side and Teddy and I ran to where they had fallen.

   "Hey at least now we know when the next train was due."

Yeah I'm finally writing and trying to finish this story tonite y'all 🤣