Consequence

Barry, felt cold. His feet and hands were numb. Seeing his uncle lifeless and and sorounded by machines were unreal.

He's now seated outside his uncle's room who is now admitted at the critical care. He is now waiting for his uncle's Attending Physician.

Barry runs through a lot of event prior to the accident and he feels all the guilt. If only, he sends off his uncle to the hospital. If only, he did not allow his uncle to travel alone, if only, he did not convince his uncle not to take his flight to join the party... if only... he failed to see the consequence..

He combs his hands to his hair and closes his eyes.

He vividly remembers the call he received that morning.  Nadine, his cousin. His uncle Hugh's daughter informed him that his father met an accident. She informed him that she will take the soonest flight to be with his father.

Local police immediately get in touched with him to discuss their initial findings. There were witnesses. According to the report, his uncle was on the wrong lane and was driving almost a hundred per hour. The truck driver and a woman whose driving a pick up truck are also in critical condition. Some even accused, that his uncle was drunk.

He glanced at his watch, its now 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

Then he saw Nadine calling him... "Barry! Where is Daddy?" Trailing behind his cousin is her husband, James.

Barry immediately embraced Nadine.

"He is inside... he is now being assesed by Doc Lino."

Nadine get out of his embrace. He look at his cousin, her eyes are red and puffy.

his cousin went out of his embrace, then she reached out for James. He saw that he was giving him  assurance that everything is fine.

A few minutes more, Dr. Lino, his uncle's physician stepped out of the room. "Nadine... "

"Ninong.." she went to his godfather and embraced him. "How's my daddy?"

"He is now under observation. He lost a lot of blood and his spleen was punctured. We were able to stabilized his condition despite the trauma. Hopefully no complications will occur. Hugh is fighting. But he is still not out of danger. There were internal hemmoraghe and organ trauma."

"Can I see him Ninong?"

"Of course iha, you can."

Barry, just stayed outside.

Doctor Lino's update, somewhat lessens his worry.

Then a young boy who was crying outside the other room caught his attention. He was alone.

Barry decided to go out. For some reason he thought of the boy and get some food for two.

"Hey buddy..."

The boy looks at him...

"Are you okay?" He asked.

The boy lowered his eyes, and shakes his head.

"What's your name? "

"Tony"

"I am Barry."

silence

"My uncle is also inside that room. How about you?"

The boy looked at him and said, "my Sister, Yaya."

He then eventually concludes that this young boy is a family to the woman from the vehicular accident.