Defeated

"Ms Sperbund, where are you?" Kim emphasizing each word.

"I am coming, on my way  and riding an elevator"

"Get your ass here, Mr Kugimiya is now waiting"

"i thought it's 10 am? my clock and my phone says 930?"

"He happens to be here early and having his breakfast, good thing we've also decided to come here early"

"okay, see you later Mrs Prin" ended Yaya.

Hope against hope, she prays that the Mr Kugimiya they are talking about is not Barry. but she only knows one Kugimiya in her entire life. she is praying that if its within his family she prays that only a relatives of his. as far as she knows, he has a separate business from his father. he is into agriculture and not real state. he is stranged to his father, who she never had a chance to know.

as she rides the elevator, she contemplates her life with him. Come to think of it, they live together for almost a year excluding her time being in coma. but never did he introduce her properly to his family. Kylie was introduced by chance. She never even meet Nadine and James personally. and whe she tries to introduce him to her friends or cousins, he always was not available. he only gifted her with jewelries.
He never treated her as a partner, just a kept woman. Kim was right, she became his mistress to every sense of the word.
her nervousness was immediately consumed by hate.
but then she remembered Kim and Mark, one of the few people who keeps her afloat when she was drowning. She cannot let them down.

what are the odds, which currently are not in her favor. whoever this Kugimiya is, she prays that she will be given strength to face any of them.

she thought of Henry, she now has Henry. her reason to go and continue.    her private life should not mingle with work.  She now can smile because of him.

the elevator door opened and she sees Kim. waiting.

"I am so lost with the things they are talking about. all about cars. straight talm. I can't believe i can find someone as addicted as Mark"

she just embraced Kim and nods. but Yaya catches her breath. Kugimiya and Cars on the same breath.

as they were walking towards the table she sees Mark talking to a man back at them. a back she knows to well as the back of her hand.
a back too familiar, that before when she opened her eyes every morning she sees this inviting back and do back hugs.

she closes her eyes. pain hits her. she remembered that this man is not his. he was never hers. and now he is engaged.

"hey are you okay?" asks kim

"am okay"

"i know what you are feeling. don't be too nervous. he is a nice man. intimidating at first but charming. felt the same way" kim whispers and chuckles.

Both Architect overheard Mark says

"the girls are here"

Barry turns his head and sees Yaya.
she was wearing a yellow floral sun dress, leather brown flats and wore her hair straight. he fought to urge to come near her and kiss the hell out of her.

Mark and Barry stands up.

"ladies" Mark mentioned.

"Mr. Kugimiya, I would like to introduce you to our Project Manager, Ms Urassaya Yaya Sperbund. Yaya, this is Mr Kugimiya the Chairman of BKK group of companies."

"I'm always looking forward to be introduced again to this lady" as they shake their hands.

Yaya felt some shock waves as their hands clasps.

Barry felt the heat when their hands meet.

Yaya tries to pull out her hands but Barry stops her.

"you meet again?" asks Kim

Barry thought, let us see how you are going to deny me this time

"we met at the Ambassador's party" she answered

"with Jacques?" Kim asks

Barry's jaw clenched upon hearing the name. so her friends know this Jacques. are they intimate? Yaya saw this opportunity to get her hand back.

"Yes" she replied as the group sits down.

"breakfast?" asks Mark.

Yaya answered, "I did already before i left the hotel"

"milk then? mango juice?"

Yaya was surprised he remembers her favourites and knows that she does not want coffee in the morning by not offering it.

She just shook her head and said her thanks.

"So you need to see the place before you complete your proposal." stated Barry.

"Have you guys been to Philippines?" he asks the group by his eyes are never leaving Yaya.

"We did twice, but only in Cebu for a convention" answered Mark

Barry did not speak and he was looking at Yaya.

Kim nodges her, so she anwers. "No, i've never been to Philippines"

"It's settled then, you need to come with me to see the place" Said Barry.

Yaya looks at kim and Mark. all of them are now eyeing her.

"Yes" she answered. and she never felt so defeated.