The Article

*AMY'S POV*

I awoke to my alarm clock beeping at me and I rolled over, hitting it to turn it off. I sat up and stood, almost collapsing at my soreness. I groaned as I forced myself to remain standing; I'd forgotten how much fighting could hurt. Then again... I thought back to last night and Spiderman. I'd never fought someone like him before. From what DocOck told me, I'd gathered that he had superpowers, like me. Except his were from a radioactive spider and mine were from DocOck.

I quickly got ready for school and grabbed my backpack when my mom's voice came from downstairs. "Amy! Your friend is here!" Friend? I hadn't been here that long, who could it be? I ran down the stairs and skidded to a stop in the kitchen, my eyes landing on Peter. His lips curved up into a smile when our eyes met.

"Hey Amy! I hope you don't mind me showing up here, I thought we could walk to school together?" I nodded and waved a quick goodbye to my mom as Peter and I stepped outside. I bit my tongue to keep from wincing as I shoulder checked the doorframe on the way out, not wanting Peter to know that I was sore. I knew if he did, he'd likely ask why, and I couldn't exactly tell him the truth. I noticed a newspaper sticking out of his backpack and grabbed it, unrolling it.

"You get the paper?" He nodded, a sheepish look on his face.

"Yeah. It lets me stay up to date when I leave my phone somewhere or lose it, which happens a lot." I opened my mouth to say something, but the words died in my throat when I saw the paper's headline.

"SPIDERMAN SIGHTINGS RISE" I quickly scanned the rest of the paper, searching for anything about me as well as information I didn't yet have on Spiderman. Peter glanced at what I was reading and laughed.

"Spiderman? He's been around for a while. But honestly, I think he's just some crazy guy in a costume. I mean, what seems more likely? A random guy in a suit or someone with supernatural powers?" Peter chuckled, but I was lost in thought. When he put it that way, it almost made sense for Spiderman to be just some guy. Except... Memories of last night flashed in my mind. No random guy could've thrown and hit me like he did. There was something else going on. And I fully intended to find out what.