Arguments

*AMY'S POV*

DocOck stared at the two of us, visibly confused. An odd look crossed his face, almost like betrayal. He stepped towards us. "Butterfly, what are you doing with... Him?" He hissed out the last word, contempt evident in his voice. I sighed.

"Well, you didn't actually tell me where to meet you. So I was essentially lost until he collided with me. And at that point, if two people were looking for you, then it would be worse than just one, so I stuck with him." I smiled awkwardly, but could sense DocOck's anger and frustration. Whether at me or Spiderman, I couldn't tell, but it was definitely directed at one of us. He took a deep breath.

"Well, Butterfly, now that you're here, you can keep Spiderman busy while I work." I rolled my eyes and put my hands on Spiderman's chest, about to push him away, but he tightened his grip on me, stepping up to DocOck.

"Keep me busy?!" The doctor nodded.

"I can't have you getting in my way or trying to stop me, so my accomplice will fight you until I'm done with what I need to do." Spiderman shook his head.

"No."

"No?" The doctor asked.

"Exactly. No. Listen, you didn't tell Butterfly where she was supposed to meet you, leaving her on her own to just guess. Then, she runs into me, the guy who has literally saved her life before, and I helped her again by finding you. When she fell into the water yesterday, you didn't move a muscle to help your so-called 'accomplice.' But I did. And I helped her today, even though she's technically an enemy. Now, you know I helped her and would never hurt her; my actions have proven that. You, on the other hand, have shown the exact opposite, so why should she obey you?" DocOck smirked, then threw his head back in laughter.

"Oh, that's funny. You think you can just take my accomplice away from me, don't you? Nice try, buddy, but you don't know half the stuff she's been through. I do, and I've been there for her through it all. I'm like a father to her."

"Some father you are," Spiderman spat. "You don't even let her make her own choices. If you were truly like a father to her, you'd let her choose what she wanted to do, not force her to work for you!" At this point, I'd had enough, and pushed against Spiderman's chest, tumbling out of his arms. I leapt to my feet in front of DocOck, my back to him. I drew myself up to my full height, glaring at Spiderman.

"Look, I'm happy you brought me here, and I'm grateful you saved me yesterday, but the doctor is the only thing in my life that's even remotely stable." I whirled around to face DocOck. "And as for you, I love you, I really do, but he's right. You know I can't swim, yet when I fell in the water, it was Spiderman who saved me, not you. You were already gone. The two of you, just do what you want. I'm out." With that, I spread my wings and lifted off into the sky, heading home.