Save Him

*AMY'S POV*

I folded my wings inward, tucking them close to my body to travel faster as I tried to catch gravity. I stretched my arms out, barely able to grab Spiderman's suit. I clenched my fist and used what little upper body strength I had, pulling him to my chest as I flared out my wings to catch us. Once we were stable in the sky, I flapped my wings, rising into the air and eventually dropping onto the top of a nearby skyscraper. I set Spiderman down and pressed my ear to his chest. His heartbeat came through, still strong, even through the suit. I waved my hand under his nose and felt my blood run cold when I didn't feel him breathing. I hesitated for a moment, but remembering how he jumped into the water to save me caused me to take action. I carefully peeled back the bottom of his mask, just enough to expose his mouth. Tipping Spiderman's head back, I pinched off his nose and gently blew air into his mouth. His lips were soft and warm, oddly similar to Peter's, but before I could dwell on that for too long, Spiderman's hands came up and gripped my shoulders tightly. Startled, I jerked back as he ran his fingers over his lips. "I'm sorry," I started. "You weren't breathing..." He shook his head and pulled his mask back down.

"No, it's okay. I'm just shocked. You saved me." I sat back on my heels.

"Well, yeah. Of course I did." Spiderman fell silent, staring at me.

"But why?" he asked, sounding genuinely confused. I sighed and dropped my head to face the ground.

"Because... you did the same for me. You didn't know if I could swim or not, but you jumped in the water to save me, giving up your chance to stop DocOck. I figured it was only fair."

"Fair?" I nodded in confirmation as Spiderman laughed.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.

"It's just, for someone helping commit crimes, it's amusing to me that you saved me out of fairness." I shot the guy a half-hearted glare.

"Careful or I'll throw you back off this building."

"Oh no! Then what would I do? It's not like I have webs and swing through the city at this height regularly!" I snorted at the sarcastic tone Spiderman used. He shifted slightly and seemed to become more serious. "So. Butterfly. How much did you see?" I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"How much did I see?" He nodded.

"Yeah. Of my face, that is. You had to pull my mask up to give me mouth to mouth, so I'm curious."

"Oh! Not much; I just pulled up the bottom half."

"Huh," he said, evidently surprised. "I didn't expect that answer. You know, most bad guys would've taken advantage of that moment to see my true identity."

"I'm not a bad guy," I protested, causing Spiderman to laugh. "I'm not! You don't know how I got here, how I became Butterfly. You don't understand. I'm not a bad guy, I just-" I clapped my hands over my mouth, regretting what I'd said, but Spiderman leaned close to me.

"Then tell me. Make me understand." I scoffed.

"Why should I?" He sighed.

"Because. If you do, I... I'll take my mask off. You'll get to know my true identity."