Chapter 16 - Left Behind

3rd Person POV

Hugs are exchanged as Kendra and Ray board the waverider.

"It's just I have 50 midterms to grade next week by hand and I've just come to terms with living in the technological dark ages." Ray says. "I have students who count on me. Kendra and I have friends and a life..."

"Ray." Kendra says. "This is what we've been waiting for. Remember the mission. We can finally be ourselves again. Look, I'm sorry. This is all very intense. It's been two years for us. We thought you guys were dead."

"That very well might have been the case." Stein says.

"Chronos attacked us." Jax says. "He sabotaged the ship and took Snart."

"We need to recover Ms. Lance as well." Rip says. "Where is she?"

"Uh, no idea. People go their separate ways, lose track of each other." Ray says.

"Gideon, search the timeline for any reference of a Sara Lance, or a blonde vigilante, circa 1960." Rip says,

"Right away, Captain." Gideon says.

"Why did Chronos take Snart?" Kendra asks. "Couldn't he have taken you all in?"

"You sound dubious." Rip says.

"If Chronos was gonna settle for taking one person, you'd think it would be you." Kendra says. "He took Snart for a reason."

***

"The League of Assassins." Kendra tells the crew.

"There is one source that we could check to test your theory." Rip says. "Gideon, bring up the Shadow Record."

"Shadow Record?" Brooklyn asks.

"The list of every member of the League of Assassins since the invention of writing in 3200 B.C." Gideon explains, bringing up the sheets.

"Fascinating, except these sheets of papyrus are entirely blank." Stein says.

"No, no, no. The League uses invisible ink. I did my graduate thesis at the Academy on their history. Gideon." Rip says.

"Sara said that Ra's al Ghul had lived nearly a century before she met him." Kendra says.

"Thanks to the Lazarus Pit." Ray says. "It's basically a life-extending Jacuzzi, located in a place that's the opposite of life-extending." He explains.

"You should count yourself lucky, Dr. Palmer." Rip says. "Only a handful of outsiders have been inside the League's fortress and lived to tell the tale."

"You are correct, Captain." Gideon says. "There is a mention of a Ta-er al-Sahfer."

"That's Sara's League of Assassins name. According to the Shadow Record, she joined the League in 1958." Rip says.

"Incredible Sara became a member of the secret organization that trained her to be an assassin 50 years prior to when she initially joined." Stein says.

"Sara needs our help." Rip says. "By all accounts, Ra's al Ghul is a very controlling, very homicidal fanatic. Gideon, chart a course for Nanda Parbat."

***

They walk down a dark pathway in the woods.

Brooklyn has her bow in hands and her hood over her hand. She stays close to Jax.

"Perhaps Jefferson and I should--" Stein starts.
"Extricating Sara from the likes of the League requires stealth." Rip cuts him off. "So no Firestorm for the two of you. And you're out of practice, so no ATOM suit unless absolutely necessary. Keep the bow ready." He tells Brooklyn.