Creative Envisioning

This is a great tool that makes a dream a reality. Indeed the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Creative thinking builds a picture in your mind that you'll work towards achieving.

That dream will be a reality if it is fed into everyday and more work put in to make it happen. Dare to dream!

When you have a mental picture or where you want to go or be in the future, you work everyday towards that goal to achieve it. Another interesting visual way to do it is to create what's called a vision board.

A vision board is a collage of images and words representing someone's wishes or goals, intended to serve as an inspiration or motivation. (Sophia Chitemere 2019)

It's a useful tool for clarifying, maintaining and concentrating your focus on these goals. There are two ways of creating a vision board, physically and virtually. Physically you need glue, a pair scissors, pictures and plain surface either hard or soft.

1. Physical Vision Board
Take a blank piece of paper. Folder it 3 times so you end up with 8 boxes. Each box represents a goal category that you should take time to think about in order to create your vision board. Start setting your goals for each category.

Example below

The 8 categories are:1

1. Relationships (with family, friends, colleagues or love life).
2. Career / Business (new leadership position, new job, new business developments, more partnerships, more and new products)
3. Health & Wellness (mind, body and soul wellbeing).
4. Spirituality (religious or spiritual practice).
5. Travel (solocation, baecation, girls/boys trip or family trip).
6. Volunteering / Charity (CSR, giving, good deeds).
7. Education & Self - Development (studying, short courses or reading books).
8. Finances (investments, savings, budget, etc).

Now get a couple of magazines, cut out pictures and paste. Name them according to their respective categories.

2. Virtual Vision Board
Fortunately there are apps which allow you to edit and collage pictures like Canva and Over. Search and download the images you want to use and build a vision board easily with these applications.

Examples of completed vision boards