Rivalry

Nothing hurts more than watching someone you love learn to love someone else.

***

School had once again approached on everyone's agenda. The boys had learned about Jungkooks situation and had to respect his boundaries with Taehyung. But being away from him didn't stop Jungkook from always thinking about him. If he had time to, he would try and come up with scenarios in his head. Some involved Taehyung smiling with his friends. Or him laughing at Jin's stupid dad jokes. Or even them messing around over a guy Tae might like.

My chest aches again.

"Jungkook! Dude I've been trying to get your attention for the past 5 minutes? We have a game coming up, we need to practice. What gives?" Bogum tapped on Jungkooks shoulder trying to grab his attention. He shook his head trying to regain focus.

"Sorry Bogum. I just have a few thoughts running across my mind." He walked away from Bogum and headed towards the bathroom. But before he could open the door he heard a familiar voice.

"Bogum! I haven't seen you in a while! How's your family?" He turned around not letting the boy see his face. He could feel his blood boiling.

"Tae Tae!" Bogum reaches in for a hug. The two embrace eachother like siblings would.

"Everyone's doing ok! I missed you Tae Tae! You never called me," he pouted, "Say, did you think about my request?" Jungkook started getting agitated.

Request?

"I have. But I'm not sure. I don't ever go to parties." Bogum patted Taes head and gave him a smile.

"That's ok. If you stick next to me the whole night you'll be fine." He slyly inched towards Tae and put a hand on his waist. Tae wasn't very alarmed. It made Jungkook question their relationship. But something deep down told him they were more than just friends. He couldn't trust it. He had to believe that Taehyung was still his.

"Fine. But Jimin is tagging along. And I'll meet you there."

"Nope. I'm picking you guys up."

"No." He inched closer.

"Yes." He smirked.

"No." He inched closer.

"I'm not taking no for an answer." He caressed Taehyungs cheek and lightly tapped his nose. He got flustered and pushed him away.

"Alright fine." Jungkook grabbed the handle and coughed loudly enough for the two to hear.

"Uh, sorry Bogum, I'll talk to you later." Taehyung rushed away from the scene.

"Bogum seriously?" Jungkook walked toward his captain and stared straight into his soul.

"What is it Jeon?" He crossed his arms and stared right back, returning the youngers glare.

"You know what it is, Bogum. Don't even think about it." Bogum laughed in his face and clutched his stomach.

"Kid, he's not yours. It's not like you can try and get him or anything. Don't forget I know all about your families little situation." He clenched his teeth. Bogum did happen to know all about his situation. He also knew how Jungkook felt about Tae. Yet he still tries to interfere.

"You're right. But it doesn't give you the right to interfere." Jungkook walked past Bogum and just barely pushed his shoulder with his, bumping him and causing him to stumble a bit.

"Tsk. Cocky brat."

***

"Why would you wanna go there? It's nothing but crackheads." Namjoon tried explaining the party situation to Jungkook. Of course he wasn't going to let Tae go there with Bogum alone. He knew Jimin would be there, but chances are he would be with Yoongi. All he wanted was for Tae to be careful.