Chapter Six: Part One.

- - - -

But for the love of all that is good, Holy and pure in this darkened, unforgiving world; just why didn't Kresten ever change that same, blank expression of his? He near constantly looked as if he were watching an immensely boring movie. Most people often tended to see him as being quite the snobbish, bratty type. This was, in part, due to the fact that he never really attempted to get involved in anything. That was just the way the young boy had always been though, there was no way he was about to change now. Not for anything or anyone who may try to force him to.

"Look, Kresten..." Tobias was now finding it increasingly difficult to keep his temper under control, his tone gradually becoming yet more irritated. "Your behaviour over the course of these past few months, has no doubt been nothing short of unacceptable." Tobias then soon began to scratch and claw at the ground where he sat, to further express just how frustrated he was. Kresten was a difficult soul to reason with though, quite often hissing and snarling, at anyone who even tried to talk to him.

It was almost as if young Kresten had this preconceived notion, actively forming in the back of his mind, that the entire world was simply out to get him. As if there wasn't anybody who wasn't seen as being Kresten's enemy, in some way or another. "It doesn't have to be like this you know, we're here to help you out Kresten." Tobias then took a brief pause for a moment, before continuing to speak.

"It's no use looking back on what may have taken place previously, it's all over now and the past cannot be altered." It took all of Tobias' willpower combined together, in order for him to speak in a soft, soothing voice to his friend in this moment.

Although Kresten could still be seen with a most aggravated expression upon his troubled features, it was obvious his friend's words were still having some sort of an impact. For Kresten, his primary issue had always resided within himself. The overbearingly fierce internal struggle, the intense battle between his tested faith, and his solely negative emotions towards his life. This was something that had always been known by his friends, who had tried their utmost to be there for him throughout it all. It had been a long and difficult road however, one that had most certainly taken its toll on all three boys. Especially due to how difficult it often was, to keep a close enough eye on Kresten at all times. He hadn't exactly said anything positive or encouraging for a good while now, he'd merely been rolling his eyes at Tobias' attempted words of comfort.

"Well, just what do you two expect me to do anyway?"

Kresten then finally spoke up again once more; his short, sharp words aimed at nobody in particular.

"You both may think that I haven't still tried my best, to try and somehow get myself back on track? I mean heck, all I've ever done my entire life, is to make great sacrifices for those who judge me. But for what? What good has it done me, what benefits have I reaped from such a life? Whether you two like it or not, the simple fact is that life doesn't always work out as planned. You can't please everyone and no matter how hard you may try, hiding from that fact just isn't possible."

A brief moment of pained silence then made itself known among the three boys, before Kresten spoke again.

"Regardless of however you each may look at it; I'm always going to be judged, whatever I say or do. There is simply no means of avoiding that; it's an integral part of who I am and who I've always been. The fact I blame God for all of this makes no difference, my life still would have turned out the same either way."

Anthony and Tobias did nothing but look on, in an oddly perplexed mixture of shock and wonder. To them, it now finally seemed as if their friend was slowly beginning to open up. The troubled young boy had begun to outwardly pour out the very fibres, of his soul-shatteringly broken heart and pained soul.