Chapter 8

Alex's POV

Henry and I walk over to the swings while Mel has another fangirl moment. Weirdo. We sit and I lightly swing back and forth, the chains making a slight creaking noise as I do. "So howd your clothes end up like that?" I ask finally, so I'm not sitting in silence thinking about it. "What do you mean? I told you a squirrel." Henry replies, and I know he'll tell me after we finish telling Ray.

"So when do you suppose we go? We don't have to leave now, but it may be pretty soon. Or we could grab a bite of candy on the way." he suggests, swinging like I am. "I guess we could start heading back now. Its almost two."

"Wont we need to grab Melody first?"

"If we can get her out of this fangirling phase. Once she's in, she's never coming out." I joke, and we hop off the swings to fetch Melody. Once we do, we start walking, and from a distance, I hear Hunter Hayes jamming away. I stop in our tracks to listen. Its 'Tattoo.'

"Shh....can you hear that?" I smirk. Mel knows. "Oh no, here we go again." she knows what I am about to do. This is my fangirling. I break out in song.

your name, your name, sounds so good next to mine, just saying

and I think, I think I'm gonna put it in all my rhymes yeah

cause with you in gonna do quite a few things that I never thought I would do

your name your name, your name

would be a good tattoo.

I smile as the song keeps on playing, and I wonder where its coming from. Then I look down and realize its my phone. Its ringing. That's my ringtone. This could not get any more awkward.

I pick up the phone, and I don't know who it is because its a random number. "Hello?"

"Yes, is this Alexander?"

"Mmm, speaking..."

"Oh, hi Alex! Its Clare, I'm stopping by at four, is that alright?"

"Yeah, perfect. Charlotte is gonna love everyone forever after this. If only my mom would stop by sometime."

"I'm sure she's always with you."

"I do always wear her necklace." I look down at my golden heart locket hanging around my neck. That's the one.

"Well, I'll see you later. Bye, Alex."

"Bye."

"Who was that?" Mel's voice breaks me from my thoughts of my mom back then. "Oh, Clare. She's stopping by at four. And its now," I look down at the time on my phone, "two fifteen. We should be fine grabbing a quick snack." and by snack, I mean PURE SUGAR!!!

--------------------------------------------

We head back to my house at three thirty after we grab some candy, and we are two blocks from my house. Two blocks away. About five minutes before we tell Uncle Ray. Well, Henry. I'm gonna go straight to my room, he'll know why.

"Ready, Alex?" Henry asked turning to me in front of the door. I nod, a d we go inside. "Um, I'm gonna go upstairs...." I whisper to Henry, he nods, and Mel and I go upstairs. Mel is there just in case.

"So how do you think its going?" Mel asks, braiding my blonde hair. "Well, I dont hear any yelling so probably pretty well, I'm guessing. I just hope uncle Ray will be okay with it." I sigh, as Mel ties the braid together. I stand up and get out my Minnie Mouse tee, pastel pink shorts and matching pastel pink jacket and change, tucking the shirt into the high wasted shorts. Yes, I can change in front of Mel, we are best friends, and both girls, duh. "You want to sleep over?" I ask her, even though its almost four. "Yeah, I already told my mom I would. And I'm wearing Pjs under my normal clothes." she smiles. Then, Henry comes in.

My eyes widen, and I stand up, eager to know what had happened. "So..." I ask, wondering what he was gonna say. "Well, he said 'take good care of her and be good, or I shall earase your brain.' and yeah, he's okay with it." Henry smirks. I run up to him and hug him. "Wait, did he understand why I wasn't down there?"

"Yeah. He didn't bring it up. He understood." Wow. This was awesome. I am really excited for Friday. But that's four days away, I dont think I can wait!

Then the doorbell rings, and one thought comes to mind.

Clare.

"Clare!" I almost yell, luckily Charlotte didnt hear me, she's on her phone distracted. I hop down the stairs with Henry and Mel following me, and race to the door. I open it, and see Clare, who us wearing a deep blue flowy dress, that goes down to her knees. Her hair is pretty normal, wavy and still of corse, black.

"Hi, Clare." I hug her. She's a little bit taller than me, but not too much. "Charlotte is upstairs right now, we can get her now, if you want." Clare nods. Of corse she wants to see Charlotte. "I'll get her." Mel says racing up the stairs.

We let Clare in, and she says hi to uncle Ray, and gets to know Henry. Then we hear a gasp and all heads turn to Charlotte, who is standing on the second to last step, waiting in suprise.

"Mom?!" Charlotte gasps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

see, I told you you would find out who she is soon! And now you know! I'll update if I get five more votes. And I follow back so please follow me! Okay bye!

~~Alex