Chapter 13

Alex's POV

How did I do that without having a panic attack? Jeez that was awesome!

"Wow! Alex! How'd you do that?" Henry exclaims once Abby and Cassidy (who were left shocked at what I had said) were out of hearing range. "I dont know. I just....i just did." I reply, shocked myself. I do stand up for my mom, because she did alot. She did so much for me, and for this small town of Swellview.

"And....and I didn't have a...panic attack...." I add. That's why surprised me the most. How? I have anxiety, how'd I do that? How? Well, one more question to ponder in my mind full of questions.

We walk to my house after school, and tell uncle Ray what happened. He was just as surprised as Mel, Henry but mostly I was. We head up to my room, Mel was sleeping over, but Henry had to go home just in case a certain captain called for him. Henry is just...perfect. Uncle Ray is okay with him, he loves Henry! So it works out greatly because I love Henry too!

I stand up and change into my purple nightgown with yellow polka dots and strings hanging from the collar. Henry was downstairs, so I hurried up just in case he could've walked in. I had finished, and I walked over to my nightstand, where my lime green radio/speakers were. I turned on my favorite channel, 100.3, The Bull, aka, country. And "Springsteen" by Eric Church was on. I squealed in happiness as Mel changed into her zebra button up pj shirt with matching pants. I start to sing, in my real voice, not my head voice I use in choir.

to this day wanna hear that song

I see you standing there on that lawn

discount shades store bought tan

flip flops and cut off jeans

somewhere between that setting sun

I'm on fire but I'm born to run

you looked at me and I was done just getting started

I was singing to you

you were singing to me

I was so alive never been more free

fired up my daddys lighter and we sang oh oh oh oh oh

stayed there till they forced us out

took the long way to your house

I can still hear the sound of you saying dont go oh

when I think about you

I think about seventeen

I think about my old jeep

I think about the stars in the sky

funny how a melody sounds like a memory

like a sound track to a July Saturday night

Springsteen

I sang my heart out, but not too loud that I would disturb uncle Ray. But then I looked to the doorway and saw Henry standing there with his jaw dropped to the floor, and I loose it. Uh oh, did he hear me?

of corse he heard you, you idoit! That voice in my head says. Ugh I hate that voice. I am good, but did he like me? Probably not.

"Um, hey Henry....whats up?" I say, trying to play it cool, like he hadn't heard me. "Why'd you stop?" I freeze at Henry's question. He...no..he couldn't have..

"You liked it?" I ask in a soft voice.

"No..." Henry says, but doesn't look like ye was done. But that was all I needed to hear. The truth. My eyes filled with tears, but I didn't let them spill. "....i loved it!" Henry smiles and wraps his arms around my waist. "Woah! You did?" I ask. "Yeah, you're amazing! You have to be in choir!"

"I am."

"Well I can see why." Henry says and pecks my lips. I laugh. He..he liked my singing. Only Mel has heard me.

By the time our conversation ended, the song had ended. So, the next song played was "Knee Deep" by Zac Brown Band. I sang along.

gonna put the world away for a munute

pretend I dont live in it

sunshine gonna wash my blues away

had sweet love but I lost it

she got too close so I fought it

now I'm lost in the world trying to find me a better way

wishing I was was

knee deep in the water somewhere

got the blue sky breeze and it dont seem fair

not a worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair

I sing for what seems like hours, and eventually, Henry has to go home. So I kiss him, and say goodbye before he walks to his house. I smile when I get back up to my room. Then I notice Mel painting her nails pink and blue striped. She is really good at it. "Heyo, could you do mine ladybug style?" I ask, and Mel nods smiling. She finishes up with her nails and does mine.

"Why wouldn't you think Henry would like your voice?" she asks. I shrug. I really don't know.

After that, we were both really worn out and sleepy, that we fell asleep with closed nail polish around us.

I wake up, and wake Mel up. I wanted to sew Henry. So, I get dressed in my yellow tee shirt and camo jacket with jean shorts and black leggings. I leave my hair down and wavy. Mel wears her floral waist high pants, pink shirt and maroon suspenders, leaving her hair down and wavy too.

We walk to Henry's house in silence, but it was a nice silence. There was something on both of our minds. I knew it. When we got to Henry's, we open the door, and no one was home. We walk up to Henry's room, and open the door, only to find a note on his bed.

Alexander Mathew,

If you are concerned, I have kidnapped your uncle, Captain Man and your boyfriend, Kid Danger. If you ever want to see them again, you have to meet me in your old house at midnight. Bring no one with you at all, or I will hurt them. See you soon.

~Black Warrior

Tears filled my eyes. Who the freak was Black Warrior and what did he want with me? Well, I'd find out at midnight, and of corse I was bringing Mel, I needed her for the plan I already had, even if she does find out their secret identities, which was very likely.

I dont care. I had to save the ones I love.

Black Warrior could strike again and get Charlotte and Claire. U wasn't gonna let that happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo sorry it took so long to update, but here it is! Can I get at least five votes for the next chapter? Thank you so much for all the reads and votes I love you guys! Bye!

~~Alex