Chapter Eleven

Wow, okay first off thank you for so many reads and votes and comments ont he last chapter, waking up to that was amazing, so thank you guys so so much! Here is the next chapter, I will try to update this every sunday, so hopefully having a semi regular schedule will inspire me to write more. This chapter is kind of very filler-ish and I don't really like it a lot but here it is and so I hope you guys like it more than I did. Maybe I am just tired lol.

I don't want you to never ever leave your ways
I don't want your macho violin days
I don't want your push against my shoulder
I don't want your shit, I thought I told ya
- Benny Tipene step on up

Chapter Eleven

I woke up.

Slowly at first, mesmerized by the hypnotizing display of lights above my head, and then all at once as reality sucked me in like a vortex. I shot bolt upright in a panic.

Where was I?

The world spun around me as hands grasped at me, pulling me back down onto a soft surface. I stared up into blue eyes and sucked in a breath ready to scream. Quick as a flash, his hand was across my mouth. I struggled but he was holding me down pretty effectively.

"Shh, stop. Stop." I slowly stopped protesting and he removed his hand.

"Who the fuck-"

He shushed me again, looking around anxiously.

"What?" I growled.

"We can't talk here, but I promise I can explain everything."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Everything? Really?" I scoffed. "Well you'd better be able to or you'll be explaining to the police, buddy."

He smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Do you feel okay now?"

I thought back to my fainting spell. Seeing his eyes had jogged my memory, he was there in the park where they found Katie's body and so was I.

Oh god. What if I knew something about her death but had been hypnotised or drugged or something to make me forget? That happened in movies all the time, right? Holy shit.

"Yeah. I feel fine."

I swung my legs off the couch and stood up, swaying slightly as I did so. Obviously, I still wasn't completely sober but being unconscious did tend to sober oneself up a little bit, apparently. Looking down at him I realised that I must have been lying across him.

"Rhys," his name felt unfamiliar on my lips and I shook off the strange feeling that it gave me.

"Yes?"

"Since we can't talk here, let's go outside." He looked up and I narrowed my eyes at him menacingly - or at least I hoped it was menacing. "Now."

He put his hands up in a pacifying gesture.

"Alright, alright, let's go."

I was making my way across the treacherous terrain of the dance floor, trying not to sway too much in my heels when someone inconsiderately walked into me, knocking me off balance. I saw the floor approaching quick, and I only just had time to squeeze my eyes shut when-

Hands wrapped around my arm, swinging me up and into a muscled body.

"Mmph." I mumbled incoherently against his chest as I looked up. Of course it was Rhys that had caught me. His lips tugged upwards in a smile as he took in my disgruntled expression. It was then that I realised exactly how close we were, his chest was pressed against mine, and somehow my arms had looped themselves around his neck.