Chapter Fourteen

So sorry guys that this is up late, but I was super busy this weekend! Also, I have exams this week so it's a good thing I wrote this tonight otherwise it probably wouldn't have gotten done until next weekend lol! Anyway, enjoy, and I hope you all like it!

Dreams are like angels
They keep bad at bay
Love is the light
Scaring darkness away
I'm so in love with you
Make love your goal

             - Gabrielle Aplin - The Power of Love

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Crack.

That was the sound that echoed through the small room as my head smacked against the floor. I closed my eyes before the impact hit me, but I wasn’t quick enough to stop my teeth from closing down on my tongue. The salty tang of blood filled my mouth.

I moved to probe my head with my hands, although I’m sure that my fingers would come away sticky with blood. Before my hands make contact, they are shoved roughly against the floor. Strong hands curled around my wrists, holding me down.

I forced my eyes open against the throbbing of my head and blurring of my vision. He was straddling me, his hands braced on either side of my head. In the moonlight his skin was illuminated by frosty white and the blatant streaks of crimson were painfully obvious across his chest. And his eyes, usually so blue, possessed irises tinted with a strange hue of silver.

He leaned closer to me, his lips brushing against my ear as he spoke.

            “Don’t fight me.”

I shuddered involuntarily. In the pain-induced haze that unfocused my mind, I was only concerned with how close he was. And just how much I wanted him to kiss me again.

A small part of my mind was wondering whether this was a side effect of the drugs, or whether I was still drunk. The rest of me didn’t really care.

And then his mouth was on mine and my mind stopped functioning altogether. Somehow, he had released my wrists without me noticing, his fingers winding into my hair and tugging me closer. His mouth moved to my throat and I tensed as his mouth brushed the hollow of my throat.

            “What-“

And then he bit me.

I gasped; a brief exhalation of breath. His teeth slid through my skin as easily as a hot knife through butter. I felt my eyes drift shut slowly as my body relaxed. It wasn’t painful, but it was almost draining. I felt drowsy and the tiny part of my mind that had been protesting since the beginning sprung to life.

Wake the fuck up!

I felt the shift suddenly, almost as if someone had thrown a bucket of cold water over me, mentally, that is. I had to stop. And yet I knew, in every fibre of my being, that if I tried to run or fight, it would be pointless.

The knife, I remembered suddenly, the knife, the knife, the knife.

It was the mantra running through my mind as I made my move.

Almost painfully slowly, I slid my fingertips over the rough stone floor. It was sticky with congealed blood that coated my fingers with a viscous substance. And then I felt it, the coolness of metal brushing against my skin. My fingers closed over the blade and I dragged it across the floor, inch by inch.