29

When Arizona arrived home, Damon was happier than he's been since Founders day. She met Katherine in the square, Arizona likes her. Katherine is the fun version of Elena in Arizona's mind. And now, Arizona is at the public park with Stefan. The preparation for the volunteer day is underway.

"This is all part of the historical societ, continuing efforts to give back to the community," Carol Lockwood speaks to the volunteers. "Thanks to the generous donation from the Fell family. We are not standing on the sight of our newest public park. Thank you everyone who has shown up today to lend a helping hand. Thanks."

Stefan and Arizona approach Mason, who is removing some boxes from his trunk.

"Hey, Ari," Mason greets. "Stefan, right? The other Salvatore, my niece's friend."

"The nice one," Stefan claims. "The one offering an apology."

"Not interested," Mason replies.

"Look, my brother acted impulsively."

"You think?" Mason asks.

"If you and Damon keep an each other's throats, somebody innocent is going to get hurt and I don't want that. You have family here so I can imagine you don't want that either. So, what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing and call a truce."

"I made the same offer to your brother," Mason says. "He turned it down with a knife."

"He made a mistake," Stefan says. "I'm here to make sure neither one of you makes another one."

"Tell your brother to watch his back," Mason says. "And Arizona, we should talk later. I want to tell you the story I told Tyler." Arizona nods n

Stefan catches Mason's arm before he gets too far. "Well, I'm guessing that he only has to worry during a full moon. Otherwise you're not as strong, am I right? Or you would have killed Damon by now. There's one of you, there's two of us. I think you're the one rush needs to watch his back."

"If he comes at me..."

"He won't," Stefan says and they shake hands.

Arizona grabs a box. "I'll help you, uncle Mason. Tell me that story."

"Alright, come on, Arizona," Mason says and they carry the boxes off.
~~§~~

Arizona storms into the Lockwood mansion and goes up to mason, and she slaps him whentyler hands him the moonstone amd leaves. Mason holds his jaw.

"That is for outing Damon and Stefan," she growls. "And for keeping this curse a secret."

Mason only nods and he watches as Arizona leaves again. He sighs at the impact of her slap and he looks at the stone.