41

"Isobel just showed up on their front doorstep," Stefan says as he and Damon come downstairs.

"What's she doing here?" Damon asks.

"I don't know," Stefan replies. "That's what I'm gomma go find out."

Katherine joins the boys, with Arizona. "I don't think you should tell her that I'm here."

"What? Why?" Stefan asks.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb," Katherine says, just her voice annoys Arizona but regardless, they're friends.

"You're the one in cahoots with them," Damon says. "You made a deal with John that almost got me killed."

"I did what I had to do to get out of the tomb," Katherine replies, her determination to stay alive at all costs is probably what Arizona likes about her. "Now, I'm reconsidering my alliance." She turns to walk away.

"What do you know?" Stefan asks, stopping her.

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you," Katherine says. "Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on, be smart."

"Tell you what," Stefan says. "Why don't you, uh... call Alaric amd let him know his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep."

"Don't bother guys, I got it," Arizona says as she goes to the cellar with her cell phone, and dials a familiar number.

"Arizona," Alaric's voice sounds through the speaker.

"You need to get to the Gilbert Residence, now," Arizona demands. "Isobel just showed up on their door step and met Jenna."

"Damn it," Alaric growls. "Alright, Thanks for calling, Arizona." He hands up and Arizona has a look around before going back upstairs, where Damon and Katherine are.
~~§~~

Damon opens the door to the Martin Residence, he has the witch with him along with his favorite Lockwood and the littlest Gilbert. Damon slowly sticks his foot through the threshold.

"Yep, everyone's dead," he says before entering the apartment and there is Luka's body in the living room.

"Insensitive much?" Arizona scoffs.

"We should pack up the grimoires," Bonnie claims. "They spend years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe."

Damon looks down at the corpse in the floor. "You know, we could get another match and cremate him."

"Don't be disrespectful," Bonnie scolds. "Not to him."

"Fine, I'll bury him," Damon says.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jeremy asks.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently," Bonnie says.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close," Damon claims.

"We weren't but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message," Bonnie says. "If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it."