02| Fighting

"Rogers? How do you even know about him?" Fury questioned unsure.

"Natasha told me he's like me." She answered without hesitation.

"I mean he'll give her a run for her money." Nat spoke looking to her.

"Well I don't see why not. You'll meet him in here tomorrow at 9AM sharp." He instructed as she nodded with a smile.

She got to her room and hoped for a good nights rest. Inside she dreamt of the pain.

She woke up at around 7 in the morning and went to the little snack bar in the living room. She grabbed a granola bar. It tasted good but it wasn't the best thing she'd ever eaten.

She got dressed in some workout clothes. Nothing special as it was all black, and she put her hair up in a tight ponytail. She decided against her jewelry so it wouldn't get in the way. If this man was truly as strong as she was she didn't want to have to worry about her things accidentally getting crushed.

She headed to the room when 9 struck and a man was waiting inside. "You must be Agent Rogers." She commented in English.

"Yeah that's me except I'm not an agent and you can call me Steve." He spoke as she shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Steve. I actually don't have a name- or we'll I don't remember it." She told him.

"So I've heard." He answered as she looked at him confused. "Agent Romanoff told me."

The woman nodded. She wondered what else the redhead told him about. "So are you ready to fight?" She asked as he nodded.

"That's what we're here for right, ma'am?" He asked in response as she nodded and got into a fighting stance. She took mental note of how proper he was. They started to go at it. Back and forth with hitting and blocking.

The brunette kicked him in the side. Enough for him to lean forward long enough so the brunette could kick his leg out from under him. He landed on the ground and she backed up looking at him.

"They said you have super strength." She commented as he groaned standing up.

"I do." He replied as she let out a soft breath.

"Oh." She commented jokingly as he looked at her.

"Again then. I'll show you." He defended himself. Who was this girl to question his strength? He was just trying to go easy on her.

"Okay." She replied with a smile as they went at it again and he hit her in her side first. She held it and dodged his next attack. "Nice one." She commented as she lunged. He grabbed her arm and she flipped with his twist of it, then chopping his arm to let go of his grip.

Steve was impressed. From what he knew, she knew nothing about who she was, but somehow she was a brilliant fighter. He wondered what she had been through and if it was better or worse than being in the ice for 70 years.

He lunged first this time and she was quick to dodge and elbow him in the back to the ground to which he quickly got up. "Where'd you learn this?" He asked instinctively.

"I don't know." She replied agitated. "I don't remember." She spoke lunging at him again. She did more of the dodging when he got her in the stomach as she tried to block his other arm. She grunted.

"And you're hoping that I'll what? Punch the memory out of you?" He questioned.

"I don't know." She answered simply.

"You don't know a lot do you, ma'am?" He questioned, just teasing her at this point as he knew as of right now he had the upper hand. She lunged at him again getting mad. Why did he have to tease her?