Prologue

(A/N: Don't 𝚏̶𝚘̶𝚛̶𝚐̶𝚎̶𝚝̶ ̶𝚝̶𝚘̶ smile)

Maniacal laughter could be heard echoing from the deepest cells of The Vale Maximum Security Mental Institution. Sending chills through anyone who could probably be passing by to hear it. Within one of the rooms, guarded closely, and sealed off by a heavy 5 ton door. There sat two people, a therapist and a patient being interviewed. The young green-haired boy chuckled for a moment, stopped. Then let out spontaneous giggles in between breaths.

His giggling went on for a long time. The doctor sitting across the boy wrote down in his notebook. Everything the patient did. Until (Y/N) was able to get himself to calm down. Where he glared at the Doctor sitting across from him. The older man had an irritated look about him, as he sized up this resilient patient.

Doctor: "(Y/N) (L/N) this is your 4th month staying with us at the VMSMI."

He simply stated. (Y/N)'s handcuffed hands rested on the table, where he just calmly and rhythmically patted his hands on the marble surface.

(Y/N): "Thought it was still the first. I guess that old adage 'time flies when you're having fun' really applies sometimes don'tcha think?"

He replied, giggling a little.

Doctor: "Yes, very funny (Y/N). Now tell me... After 4 months do you remember why you where sent here in the first place?"

(Y/N): "Dunno. Comes and goes. Well, in your case it probably never comes."

He giggled, citing his doctor's widespread known condition of erectile dysfunction. The doctor, clearly pissed off at this boy's tomfoolery continued to flip through the files until he pulled out a piece of newspaper which was marked 'The Beacon Massacre.'

Doctor: "(Y/N) (L/N). You set fire to your dorm room at Beacon, killing all of your teammates in their sleep. Young men and a young lady who aspired to protect the world!"

He said through clenched teeth. Smashing his fist on the desk.

(Y/N): "Well, at the very least they'll still be around to protect the world. The Spirit World, that is. Pffffft! HA HA HA HA!"

Doctor: "You sick lunatic do you really think this is funny!"

The doctor finally lost his cool, 4 months of working on one of the most irritating and apathetic patients he has ever worked on brought him to the brink of frustration.

(Y/N): "Sometimes I find it funny, sometimes I don't. Clearly you don't think it is."

Doctor: "Let me guess, 'comedy is subjective'. I really enjoyed hearing that from you for 4 months straight."

(Y/N): "Was it four months? I, heh, can't really conjure up any knowledge of what I'd done. Honestly, seems like I never even did it."

Doctor: "This session is over. Your parole is denied."

(Y/N): "Who are you to deny me my parole?"

The chuckling boy tilted his head, clearly angry. Yet small fits of giggling managed to break through his all of a sudden serious stare.

Doctor: "I'm you're doctor. Therefore I have the privilege."

He spoke dismissively, shuffling pieces of paper back into (Y/N)'s file.

(Y/N): "Well I'm a huntsman, wouldn't that mean I have the upper peg over you?...upper peg over you..."

His eye twitched. Repeating himself in the end with a little whisper.

Doctor: "Ozpin renounced your huntsman title, I've told you this multiple times. This meeting is closed."

(Y/N): "Weird how the one without powers has more authority than the one with powers."

Doctor: "Excuse me?"

(Y/N): "Generally speaking, if it isn't for society. I'd technically be a superior to you. The only reason you have authority over me is because the title's been given to you by the institution. Out there, on the streets. You wouldn't really be able to tell me what to do. Funny, isn't it... real funny joke wouldn't you say?...wouldn't you say?"

Doctor: "Guards, escort him back to his cell."

Two members of the institution, armed with taser spears entered the room. (Y/N) stared at the both of them.

(Y/N): "Hi."

Guard: "Get up you fucking clown."

The boy sat up from his seat, his semblance-dampening handcuffs working to their best effect. His semblance unable to work it's magic. Despite all the precautions taken and their tough tone. The guards were visually distressed at the thought of even having to escort the deranged (Y/N) back to his cell.

Doctor: "Keep him in there for another 3 months. Have him think about what he did."

The second guard hesitantly nodded.

Guard 2: "Yes sir... do we really have to keep this freak in here? He's worse than those Faunus abominations."

He thought, (Y/N) did a little skipping stroll as he walked back to his cell. Once they approached Cell. 17-11-10. They unlocked the door, (Y/N) without any resistance. Stepped inside. Within the room was a clean, well maintained living space. Filled with multiple hand-drawn pictures of the same thing, a crudely drawn stickman surrounded with countless "HA"s. Like wallpaper they decorated all six sides of (Y/N)'s room. The boys turned around to get his handcuffs unlocked.

The second guard hesitated to do so, having to have the first guard shove him towards (Y/N). An act of surprise which caused the poor guard to panic.

Guard 2: "Ah no!"

He screamed, trying not to look at (Y/N) in the eyes.

(Y/N): "No need to scream like that, what do you think I am? A mirror?"

The guard quickly unlocked (Y/N)'s cuffs, making sure not to maintain eye contact. All the while he laughed like a hyena, the guards both closed the heavy compact door. Locking it down as tight as they could. Yet, they still heard the chilling cackle of the boy break through the hardened steel barrier.

Guard 2: "D-Did that guy really burn down that entire dorm in Beacon like what Doctor Moriarty said?"

Guard: "Listen here son, these crazies are all a strain on society. He was responsible for the Beacon Massacre. But what's best is that his little circus act is forgotten. In a few years from now the Kingdom of Vale either forget about him or everyone sees him as the braindead, crazy-ass clown he is."

As the two guards left the hallway, their ears fell deaf on faint singing coming from Cell. 17-11-10.

(Y/N): "-many times I thought of cuttin' out but my heart won't buy it... But if there's nothing shakin' come this here July. I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball... and dieeee! Hehehe HA HA HA HA!"