Chapter 4: Firestation

Deep in the slums of Vale City. Team CFVY. Under orders by Ozpin, has been tracking the mysterious clown killer. Who's recently been showing up in a lot of newspapers lately. Two full restless days of searching had revealed little, even with Fox's semblance of telepathy. Interrogating sources brought forth absolutely nothing on the next day, which was also when another Dust Shop was robbed. It's owner killed in a disturbingly similar way to the previous one. Frustration was wrought in Team CFVY the following day, no leads or anyone who had knowledge of the man in makeup. Or, as the Vale News Network began calling him.

'The Joker'

But, one man they encountered in a fairly popular bar. Short, stout with rugged brown hair. Was able to provide them with useful information.

He had worked for the Joker on previous robberies.

Coco: "So, straggler. Tell us where your boss and his B.O.O is."

Man: "What?"

Coco: "Base of operations."

With his semblance, Fox used his abilities to see what the man's mind said. To make sure he was telling the absolute truth.

Fox: "His mind shows a fire station, long abandoned. In the poorer districts. 52nd Street."

Man: "Your semblance is mind reading?"

The man curiously asks.

Fox: "I prefer the term telepathic. Mind reading sounds too comical."

Velvet: "At least now we finally have something we can use."

Coco: "And not a minute to lose, we gotta get back to Beacon and prepare for the Vale Festival. 3 months aren't alot to spare. So, let's get moving."

As Team CFVY left, Yatsuhashi gifted the informant 120 Lien. Bowing to him respectfully as he exited with the others.

Meanwhile...

A henchman in a clown mask entered the room. There he found (Y/N) painting on his Joker face paint. Carefully stroking with the brush, the henchmen made his presence clear with a throat clearing.

(Y/N): "Hi."

He said. The henchman hesitantly responded.

Henchman: "Uh, hey. So, here are theses new Joker cards we were able to snatch up from that card company warehouse."

(Y/N): "Place them on the table right next to you."

He did so accordingly. Before he left though, he heard his boss request something from him.

(Y/N): "Do you like me?"

He turned back, confused for a moment.

Henchman: "What?"

(Y/N): "Do you like me as a boss?"

Henchman: "Sure... Uhhh. You, plan good heists... and you actually pay us. Roman never paid us that much..."

(Y/N): "So you like me because of the money I'm able to pay you all?"

Henchman: "Your planned out operations too. I-I don't know the reason why you're acting up like this."

(Y/N): "So you think I'm acting up?"

He asked once more.

Henchman: "By the gods, no wonder they say you're crazy. Fucking bi-polar wackjob."

In a quick strike, (Y/N) smashed the mirror he was using to apply his makeup. His left fist began bleeding through his fingers. His underling jolted back a little, slowly regretting his outbreak. (Y/N) turned around to face his minion.