Chapter 3: Money, Malachites and a Martini

Two Months Later - 3rd Person POV -

Team CFVY entered Ozpin's office, Coco crossed her arms as the Headmaster turned to face the huntsman team on his swivel chair.

Ozpin: "Welcome, CFVY."

Coco: "Headmaster, what's the skinny for today?"

The fashionista asked, taking off her sunglasses. The rest of the second years awaited their instructions eagerly.

Ozpin: "I'm sure you are well aware of the robbery that took place at the Playing Card Factory?"

Velvet: "The one from a few weeks ago? Yeah, that was kind of weird. They found a pile of the cards burning in the Forest."

Yatsuhashi: "Which means, the perpetrator stole them for nothing."

Ozpin nodded a little, but brought out a case file pertaining to something labelled. 'Dust Till Dawn Murders'

Ozpin: "Well there's a recent event that has contradicted your claim."

He showed the case file to Coco, who opened it to inspect the elements within it. The newspaper read.

GRUESOME MURDER AT LOCAL DUST SHOP!

The picture was that of the elderly owner of Dust Till Dawn. His eyes had been duct taped which formed two 'X's covering his eye sockets, a wide Glasgow smile was cut into his cheeks. Coco shivered a little at the brutality of the picture alone, some of her teammates were able to sneak a glance at the picture. Fox looked away at the very sight, Yatsuhashi covered his mouth in utter shock, Velvet began to feel a little woozy. To add it all up, a Joker playing card was stapled into his forehead. Small blood streams were flowing from where the staple cut into the skin onto the floor.

Velvet: "I have the distinct feeling that this picture wouldn't be allowed in the newspaper."

She struggled to say, mentally trying to remove the image out of her head.

Ozpin: "That's not why they put it in, they put it in because it was likely sent to them by the perpetrator himself. In an envelope, the only thing written on the front was a very messy bunch of the word 'HA'."

Coco: "Ha? As in ha ha, laughing?"

Ozpin: "Precisely, Ms. Adel."

He sat down back into his swivel chair, taking a sip out of his coffee mug."

Yatsuhashi: "As if Roman Torchwick wasn't enough."

Ozpin: "Your mission is simple, find this delinquent. Take him into custody."

Coco: "We'll do our best Headmaster."

She saluted comically. As the four exited the office, Ozpin looked in into the distance of his high view. Begrudgingly, with a worried darkened tone.

- Timeskip -

Junior's Bar was empty, empty of visitors. Recent increasing levels of street violence forced others to stay indoors, particularly at nighttime. This had cut down his business to the point where it almost fell through the floor. The only way he'd kept his bar open was to run illegally gathered Dust through stores he had been making deals with. But as one of his henchmen charged right up to him with urgent news, it was then the bartender's realized that his swindling ways were about to come to an abrupt end.

Henchman: "Sir. Dust Till Dawn was robbed."

Junior: "How much was stolen?"

The bartender asked as he looked up whilst cleaning a glass. The henchman checked a scroll he was holding.