Chapter 2: Restrained and Released

???: "And you are?..."

The old man asked the green haired boy sitting opposite to him. The boy fiddled with his thumbs nervously, whispering pep talks to himself. He looked up at the Headmaster, fidgeting a little. Evidently he was nervous.

(Y/N): "I'm (Y-Y/N) (L/N)."

He cleared his throat.

Ozpin: "It says here you've been selected for early attendance privileges by Qrow Branwen from Signal Academy? Could you tell me why?"

(Y/N): "I, I know it doesn't seem like much. But, I've been rated at three times the average on the Tactician's Exam. And Mr. Branwen recommended I skip a year... skip a year"

He said much more confidently, whispering the last part of his sentence again. As if he's rehearsed his part of his speech a few dozen times in his head.

Ozpin: "I see a lot of potential in you, (Y/N). I'd be glad to have you as a huntsman here in Beacon Academy."

The old man smirked. (Y/N)'s face beamed. Ecstatic on the thought of becoming a huntsman a year earlier than his friends.

(Y/N): "W-wow. Th-ha ha... Thank you."

He laughed a little. 

- Timeskip -

The judge watched the security footage from Beacon's hallways closely, it clearly showed the young boy walking down to a janitor's closet and grabbing a canister of fire dust which was acquired through legal purchasing. Nonetheless, it would be used in a heinous crime.

(Y/N): "I did the right thing."

He muttered quietly, though the Vale policemen guarding his defendant podium elbowed him on the shoulder.

Policeman: "Quiet, scum."

The footage continued, (Y/N) walked into his team's dorm room. Seconds later, he walked outside. He had grabbed one of his teammate's weapons. A long-handled battleaxe, and used it to bolt the door shut. Sitting on the wall opposite to the door to face it. Minutes later, fire and smoke could be seen exiting the underside of the door. Followed by the rabid screaming of his teammates. The smoke strangling them as they were too unfocused to concentrate and use their semblances to try to escape in any way. Banging on the door could be heard, and it managed to open just a crack. But eventually the banging ceased. Other huntsmen exited their dorms to se what was going on.

When they saw the boy who had just burned all his teammates to death, they stayed well away from him. (Y/N) looked at the bystanders as some went to get the headmaster. It was at then the footage cut. Headmaster Ozpin rose to speak.

Ozpin: "I found him sitting there when I arrived, he had not moved. It was at then I sent the students back to their rooms and called the police."

Judge: "Okay, this hearing is concluded."

(Y/N): "Your Honor, may I give my side of the situation?"

Judge: "Denied."

It was at this point (Y/N)'s anger boiled over, no more stuttering, no more nervous wrecks. It was time he spoke up for himself.

(Y/N): "My teammates, they ruthlessly bullied a Faunus student. They bullied her to no end, to the point where she considered suicide! They were assholes to the highest extent! Drinking, partying, careless and self-centered. You're going to depend on people like them to take care of Vale?! Heck even Remnant as a whole!"