12

You were running so fast your own body was confused on what you were doing.

You ran until your lungs were bursting.

You ran until your breathe was gone.

You ran until your legs gave out.

You. ran. until. that. darned. carnival music. started. playing.

You looked up the glowing rainbow lights your vision blurry.

You stumble towards the carnival or festival whatever it was and you made your way into it.

Frantically searching for Alexei you heard a balloon pop.

Then another.

Then another.

Turning around you saw the happy face of Alexei holding a...Woody the Woodpecker.

Now you were scared you were looking around before you spotted the man in black walking towards Alexei.

Everything went in slow motion.

First you sprinted toward Alexei.

Next Alexei saw you.

Last a bullet was fired.

It didn't hit Alexei.

And it didn't hit you.

Remember your dream? There was a pool of blood around the doll so if it didn't hit either of you how was there blood involved? and no It didn't hit the man in black.

You used your powers violently ripping the blood out of your left arm to create a shield from the bullet.

Immediately the man in black looked at you before walking away.

Alexei stared at your face your weak tired face before looking at the gash in your arm.

You gave him a look that said 'I'll be fine' 

You hugged him tight and cried into him as he rubbed your back and said the only thing he knew in English now.

"I love you." Alexei said in a thick Russian accent.

You hugged him tighter before saying "I love you too."

Word count: 257