Chapter 1

For Your Love

Chapter 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what more is there to love?

except deceit

or anguish

or...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childhood means more than just the space between birth and the attainment of adulthood. Children are all too young to understand the concept of love, all too innocent to comprehend the consequences of love, all too naive to perceive the fear of love...

Just like a child, Yuri didn't understand love. She doesn't know how to love, why love exists, or what love is.

However, Yuri was not a child anymore. She was curious. She wanted to know love, feel love. But, as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The start of high school was a struggle to the freshman, Yuri. Getting used to a bigger school and the countless students from different middle schools scared her. She was a nervous wreck when she entered her classroom. She went straight for the window seat at the back of the classroom. Just like middle school, she preferred watching people instead of being the person who is being watched.

"Hey Yuri!!!" A familiar voice yelled from the entrance of the classroom. The voice belonged to Jang Wonyoung, Yuri's middle school friend. Behind her was Ahn Yujin, Wonyoung's childhood friend.

"Wonyoung and Yujin?" Yuri was shocked to see them again. "I can't believe we're in the same class. I see that you two are together again. You two are literally destined to be with each other." Yuri teases as they walk towards her. Wonyoung laughs and Yujin slightly blushes.

"I don't know what you're on about~" Yujin arched a sly brow with a subtle wink, trying to cover her growing grin. Yuri couldn't help but smile at Yujin's knowing playful expression. "By the way, have you seen Yena yet?" Yujin suddenly asks Yuri.

"Y-Yena? Why Yena all of a sudden?" Yuri was caught off guard.

"Thought that'd be the first thing you'd do after entering the building." Wonyoung cuts in. "You used to stick to her like glue." Yujin and Wonyoung continued to tease Yuri with stories of how Yuri stuck to Yena as kids.

"I'm not a child anymore!" Yuri replies, clearly annoyed at the two yapping beagles in front of her.

Soon afterwards, the teacher came into the room and asked everyone to be seated. The students all shuffled to their seats and the room turned silent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AHHH- THAT WAS SO BORING~" Yujin says in a loud voice as the trio made their way down to the cafeteria.

Upon arrival, they heard a husky laugh. It was Yena... Yuri's eyes were fixated on the laughing duck. But, something was different about her.

Her laugh... Her smile... Her eyes... Yuri had never seen Yena like that. She's so stunningly bright. And Yuri saw the reason why...

Yuri was afraid... Afraid of taking another step forward... Her intuition told her that it wouldn't end well...

She should've listened.