Chapter 2

For Your Love

Chapter 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is love real?

the mask that conceals

the emotions, the love,

the truth...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One step was all it took... One step towards an unknown future. Yuri was hesitant. Not knowing what the future held never sat right with her. She was uncertain of whether she's ready to face Yena or run away like a coward.

There's no reason for me to run away. It's just Yena... What's so hard about approaching her? I've known her all my life. I can't be getting cold feet now. Can I?

Meanwhile, Yujin ran ahead to meet up with Yena and her friends, who were cheerfully chatting at one of the cafeteria tables.

"Yuri?" Wonyoung gave her a confused glance. "You okay?"

Yuri knew she wasn't "okay". She felt something change inside of her. But what?... "Yeah... I'm fine." She lied and gave Wonyoung a forced but reassuring smile.

Wonyoung went ahead of her and walked towards the clamorous group of friends.

Yuri gulped and tried to move forward. Her feet did not listen. They stayed, firmly planted on the ground.

Why? Why can't I move?... Move! Move! Please!...

She kept telling herself over and over again to move. It was no use... All she could do was look down in embarrassment... It was as if the ground was spiraling downwards, ready to swallow her tiny body and make her disappear from the world.

"Yuri!" Yena's husky voice called out to her. "Yah! Jo Yuri! Hurry up and come over here!"

Yuri's head jolted up when she heard her name, snapping her quickly from her thoughts.

Yena?... She's looking this way. It's been so long... I can finally see her bright smile again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri and Yena live far away from each other. The two year age gap makes the situation even worse. Ever since Yena entered high school, she's never had time to spend with Yuri. She's been too busy adjusting and dealing with high school stress.

Yuri is the type of person to hide her feelings. She's too considerate to others, something she saw as a skill but many saw as a problem. She had a hard time coping with the fact Yena wasn't always going to be by her side. That someday, she might even forget about her.

That thought haunted her. It would even prevent her from sleeping. But there was no way to prevent the inevitable.

And she was right...

Except for one thing...

It wasn't Yena who forgot about her.