new years eve

The metal of the top of the storage container creaked under my feet as I walked along it.

Victor was lay down, with his eye lined up with the scope on his set up sniper rifle. "You're early. Thought you'd be a late kind of girl." he stated, not looking up at me. The rifle was pointed at the docking point, which was around 120 metres away.

I shrugged. "I always like to be early, just in case. And I thought we'd be closer?" I retorted, sitting down next to him.

In our dark clothes, the two of us were nearly invisible, being covered by the blanket of Winter night darkness. It was very cold, but I'd wrapped up in a thick fleece jacket, gloves and a scarf; Victor wasn't so prepared, but he didn't seem to be too phased by the chill.

"We don't want to be seen too early, or for them to get the opportunity to call for backup. I was thinking I could snipe the guys out once you got here, and then go over and change into their uniforms. Then we can sit in the truck without raising too much suspicion."

"What if you can't use your sniper to take out all of them?"

"Are you suggesting something?"

I smirked. "If you let me use a gun, I could sneak over and take out any guys you can't get to."

He cocked an eyebrow, and finally looked at me. "You know how to shoot? Very interesting. But how do I know you won't screw this whole thing up?"

"I could say the same thing to you. Just because you're a professional doesn't mean you can pull it off every time. Think of me as a professional in training, or something."

He sighed, pulling a sleek black Glock 41 out of his holster, along with a matte suppressor, which he attached to the barrel. Reluctantly, he handed it to me. I smiled as I felt the now familiar weight of a weapon in my hands, it was starting to excite me and though it was terribly wrong, I actually liked the thrill of death that followed me.

"Don't go pointing it at yourself or anything." he warned, as I turned it around in my hand.

"I'm not stupid," I hissed, glaring at him. "It's just a nice gun."

He suddenly looked back into his scope as the purring of an engine sounded from the area in question. It was a truck, with sturdy metal walls, and a large GCPD logo slapped on the side of it.

"Bingo," Victor murmured, as he observed a man get out of the passenger seat and head around to stand guard at the back doors of the truck. One woman sat in the drivers seat, but turned the keys so the engine would subside, and opened the door so she could hang her legs out. "Two officers, perfect."

"I'll go up closer to get a better look, take the shot when you see I'm over there." I added, climbing down from the shipping container, which was much easier than climbing up. Landing quietly on my feet, I snuck around the other containers on the docks, which was an area around the size of a large soccer field. I hide behind some crates just far enough from the truck so I had a decent view of the female officer, but not so much that I was too exposed.

There was an intense sound of the wind resisting an object, along with a clunk as a body hit the ground with a grunt. A moment later, I aimed my gun at her face, firing the trigger, and hearing a noise similar to a branch snapping due to the suppressor. The driver slouched over into the passenger seat, and I breathed out a strangled sigh.

I hurried over to the drivers seat, and sent two more bullets into her head, just to double check she was dead. Leaning through the door on the driver's side, I checked the back was empty, and to my relief, it was. I suppose they didn't really care enough about poor Carl to up the security.