sionus steel mill

Happy was not what I expected him to be.

He was what people had told me - over six feet tall, heavy built with fat and muscle, with a simple black mask over his face. What I meant was that he was very much human, and vulnerable, as I witnessed as I watched him like a hawk from a high point inside the Sionus Steel Mill.

Victor sat beside me looking down his sniper rifle. We were both wearing black, and blended into the dark shadows the building created.

"Seven guys," he murmured, very quietly so only I could hear him. I counted them in my head, and indeed found seven guys, all down below, gathered around a table. "What's the plan, kid?"

I chewed my lip. "I-I don't know. Maybe I've made a mistake, I can't take all of these guys out..." I started, beginning to regret my decision quite quickly.

Victor put a hand on my arm. "Hey, don't worry, we don't have to do anything now. If nothing spooks them, then they'll probably still be here when we come back." he replied.

I nodded. "I'm sure nothing will-"

"Hey, what the hell was that?" one man cried, followed by the clunking of raised guns. I expected them to be pointing them at us, but instead they were pointing them in the other direction, where there was a swift movement in the shadows.

"Shit," Victor cursed, under his breath. "We've got company."

There was a shriek from another corner, as a man was grabbed by the ankles and hoisted upside down, leaving him dangling there, unconscious.

"The bats are here, spread out!" one man ordered, and the rest of them spread out into separate rooms, trying to find the perpetrators. Geez these guys really were idiots, spreading out into small groups would just make it easier for people to pick them off.

"Forget what I said about leaving, we're gonna do this now." I murmured, loading my gun.

"You catch Happy on his own and I'll take the rest of them out. Try not to get caught by a bat." he replied, aiming his sniper, and taking out a lone gang member. He fell to the ground in an instant.

"Roger." I answered, reaching over to kiss him on the cheek. "Go get 'em, tiger."

I climbed onto the ceiling railings, and snuck across them, trying not to put too much weight on them in case they broke. Happy was on his own near the loading containers, opening and checking the grates. Smugly, I dropped down quietly onto a surface a metre down, and then another one and another, until I reached the ground.

"Happy." I spoke, my voice serious.

He turned around, before looking me up at down, especially at the gun which was raised at him, loaded and ready to blown him to smithereens.

"I don't want you to talk, and I know you don't talk much anyway. I just wanna say, I really hope you enjoyed killing my mom. You might have lived to tomorrow if you hadn't have bashed her over the head with a mallet." I told him, glaring.

Happy looked back at me with calm eyes, and I couldn't deal with it. I fired a couple bullets into his neck and chest, making sure I hit a few arteries.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" I sighed, as he dropped the gun he had been holding in his jacket pocket, to instead clutch as his red pouring throat. As anyone in that situation would do, he stayed mostly quiet, the only noise being his gurgles. I watched the life slowly drain from his eyes, and it kind of felt... right.

"Watch out!"

I dodged, and a moment later a man felt forward with a knife in his hand, but completely missed me and fell to the floor. The voice had come from the woman that was now incapacitating him, the one and only pain in my ass Greybat.