six.

It was after school and everyone was heading to their cars to get some food before afternoon practices started. Jhene and Trey were quick to leave so Demi didn't even get the chance to ask them where they were going and she didn't bother to text Trey. If he wanted her to go with them, he would've told her. Now she was waiting for Chris to finish talking to Karrueche Tran so that she wouldn't be late to practice...again.

Demi honked the horn of her black Charger and rolled her eyes in annoyance. She didn't have a problem with Kae...she was just a hoe and everyone knew it. Not to mention that the shape of her face was just...odd. She was pretty but her face was weird. Chris was so blinded by love or sex or whatever it was that he couldn't see that she was just playing him. But that was none of her business and he would just have to learn that for himself.

"I'm gonna hang with Kae instead of getting something to eat. Is that okay?" Chris asked and Demi shrugged. She could hang out alone. She wasn't the type of person who constantly needed to be surrounded by a group of people to be happy.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll see you later," Chris leaned into the car and pecked her cheek before Demi drove off. She wasn't even that hungry. Lately it felt as if she had to force herself to eat. It wasn't like she was doing it on purpose. Sometimes she would just forget and other times she just wasn't hungry.

Her phone began to ring in the cup holder and since she was at a red light she pulled it out. It was Trey calling her and she almost sent him to voice mail but she answered and put him on speaker.

"Where are you?" Trey asked, and Demi pulled into Panera when her light turned green.

"Panera. I'm gonna grab something then head back to school," Demi answered.

"Stay in your car," and then Trey hung up. Demi rolled her eyes again but placed her order online so that she could just walk in and pay for it. Trey's Escalade pulled up next to her car and he got out. She saw Jhene, Sean, Naya, and Drake all in there with him and couldn't help but to feel a little left out.

He opened the door for her and helped her out. She leaned against her car and folded her arms over her chest.

"Whatever I did, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, Demi," he apologized, but he didn't have a reason to. Demi wasn't mad at him like he seemed to think.

"I'm not mad at you, Trey. Get out of your feelings," she lightly chuckled and shoved his shoulder.

"So we're best friends again?" Demi sucked her teeth and shook her head. Did they ever stop?

"Yeah, as long as you come in here and pay for my meal," Demi pointed to the restaurant and Trey dug around in his pockets for his wallet before heading into the bakery with Demi. Jhene watched them from the front seat; the way Trey comfortably wrapped his arm around Demi's neck to bring her closer. When he leaned down to kiss her, Demi shook her head and whispered something which caused him to roll his eyes and take his arm off of her. He paid for her meal and Demi took the bag before they came back out.

"I'll see you later, best friend," Demi waved and headed back to her car alone. She put her bag on the passenger seat and waved to her friends before pulling off. Now all she had to do was survive practice.

"Pass me the glitter?" Demi asked Jhene after spelling Chris's name out in cursive letters on her white poster board. It was a tradition that at the beginning of the season, the cheerleaders all picked a basketball player to "sponsor." They walked them out for the games and made their posters and during special games, like tomorrow's game, they wore their jersey around school. Demi had been Trey's cheerleader since freshmen year but she had easily passed that responsibility onto Jhene. It didn't bother her as much as it seemed to bother him. Chris was her best friend too so what was wrong with her sponsoring him?