fourteen.

"You do look like a queen tonight," after a tension filled car ride to Disneyland, they had finally made it and were just casually strolling through the park. There were a lot of people there but not as many as there would normally be because of how late it was. Demi smiled over at Drake and tightened her arm around his. He had been such a gentleman for the entire night. He really did treat her like a queen but she knew that her feelings for him weren't as strong as his were for her.

"Thank you, my king," Demi giggled and adjusted her crown on top of her head. Jhene and Trey had ran off to the gift store but they were all planning to meet at Cinderella's Castle to go and watch the fireworks at midnight, just like Demi had promised.

"You had a good time, right? You haven't really been acting like yourself tonight," Drake questioned and Demi heavily sighed before turning around to face him.

She didn't feel like herself anymore. She felt so confused with everything. It was like she was stuck between wanting everyone around her to be happy and finding her own happiness now that nothing in her life was going the way that she wanted it to, and that was a hard place to be. She just didn't want to hurt anybody. Others could hurt people for their own selfish reasons or to make themselves happy but she couldn't. She could never do that and she felt this huge weight on top of her shoulders from...everything.

"I'm always crying in front of you," she whimpered, but Drake didn't mind. He wrapped his arm around her and led her to a nearby bench.

"It's prom and I'm prom queen and I'm supposed to be happy but instead I'm sitting in the happiest place on earth crying in a thousand dollar dress with a brace on my foot," Demi chuckled at the irony and rested her head on Drake's shoulder. He didn't say anything because he didn't know what to say. He didn't know what Demi wanted him to say to make her feel better, so he just enveloped her in his embrace.

"You've been so sweet to me, Drake," Demi complimented, squeezing his forearm.

"And you deserve so much more than what I'm giving you. You're a good guy," was she allowed to break up with him even if they weren't technically dating? She just couldn't do whatever they were doing right now anymore. Her heart wasn't in it anymore and she felt terrible for stringing him along, even if she really did like him in the beginning.

"You're in love with him and he's in love with you. Everyone sees it, I just thought that whatever I had to offer you would be enough to make you forget..." that made Demi feel even worse about herself. Had her and Trey really been that obvious, even without coming to terms with their feelings themselves?

"But I really like you, I just-"

"You love him, Demi. And it's completely understandable. I get it, and I'm not mad," Demi played with her finger tips before she caressed Drake's face in her hands and leaned in to kiss him one final time. Their tongues didn't intertwine and he didn't ravish her lips. The kiss was short and sweet and simple. It was the perfect way to say goodbye without either of them getting hurt.

"You know we're still gonna be friends right? You're one of the best people to get high with," Demi giggled and nodded her head, throwing her arms around Drake and squeezing the life out of him. Jhene and Trey finally came out of the gift shop and Jhene had a pair of sparkly Minnie Mouse ears with a tiara on.

"You ready to go see the fireworks?" Jhene chirped and Demi and Drake nodded. They were still holding hands so Drake threw his arm around her instead and kissed the top of her head as they headed towards Cinderella's castle.

They had already dropped Drake off which was odd because Trey had been sure that he was gonna spend the night with Demi but she said they were hanging out tomorrow or something. Demi was on the other side of the limo on her phone and Jhene had her heels kicked off with her legs splayed across Trey's lap, his hand running up and down her smooth legs. Not much small talk was exchanged. They let the music fill the silence in the car to avoid all of the unnecessary talking.