20 - dim world

I could almost hear the clock tick as the car slowly disappeared out of my sight. If I didn't run after it now, it would be too late. Maybe I had seen wrong?

I began jogging after the dusty car. My mind was fucking spinning and I couldn't figure out what to do. I picked up the pace as the car disappeared behind the corner to a house.
I heard how the engine stopped running and I slowed down to a walk.
The doctor's words repeated in my head as I tried to slow down my panicked breathing; "the slightest feeling of stress or overwhelmness can lead to another panic attack."
The thoughts were wiped off my mind as a familiar scream echoed in the air. Not familiar like if I've heard her scream a lot...

I didn't waste a fucking second to figure out some stupid plan. Suddenly I was standing on the parking lot, ready to fight those fuckers down even if it meant I would go down with them. Three guys got out of the car and walked toward the front door to the house. I couldn't see Jackie with them, she must have still been in the car.
As the hooded guys knocked on the door I took my chance and sprinted toward the old car. Hoping they wouldn't notice me I swung the rusty car door open, a roaring sound from the door echoing through the air as I did so.
"Fuck." I hissed as the dudes turned toward me. Their mouths fell open. At any time they could pull up a gun and I would be fucking dead.

"Leo? What the fuck!" a light voice yelled from the back seats. I didn't even have time to look at her face as I tried to find the car keys. My hands were shaking as I searched every part in the front of the car.
"Above the rear view mirror." Jackie suddenly bursted out and I let out a deep breath as I felt the metal from a key against my fingers above the mirror.
My hands trembled as I pulled in the key and started the car. A large hand suddenly landed on the mirror and I jumped in my seat. My face and body felt completely overheated as I pushed the brakes and the car flew out from the parking lot. Yells and curses echoed in the air outside the car.

Both Jackie and I were literally screaming as the car flew down the street, the sound of tires tearing against concrete in the dark night.
"Slow down, you're gonna' kill us!" a panicked voice yelled from behind me. I blinked and realized I didn't recognize the street we were driving on. We weren't in the city anymore, instead on an unfamiliar graveled road in the middle of a some dark forest.
I pressed the brakes. Way to hard. Earning a loud scream from Jackie as she flew forward and hit the seat in front of her.
I turned around in my seat, my face blank. I couldn't think clear, I was lost in a dim world of screams and men with dark hoods.

"A-are you okay?" I stuttered, my voice nothing more than a whisper. Jackie looked up, her usual light hair looked dark with sweat. Some of it was stuck in a wound on her forehead which was sticky with blood.

"Mhm." she let out, quickly escaping my gaze, looking down on her trembling hands instead.

"I'm sorr-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before a door was swinged open and Jackie was out of the car.
I stared after her with furrowed eyebrows as she walked down the gravel road, her arms crossed over her chest and her gaze held low. I started the engine and drove the car after her.
Opening up the window I leaned my head out, at the same time trying to keep an eye on the road in front of us.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked. My voice sounded ruder than I intended to make it.
Jackie immediately stopped walking and stared at me. Her eyes were cold with hatred and for a while I thought she would reach her hand into the car and slap the shit out of me.

"You know what Leo?" she snapped.
I squinted my eyes, waiting for her to start yelling at me. She had just got fucking kidnapped and she wants to bring back old arguments instead of telling me why she was in some random men's car?

"No." I said with a lazy smile.
Jackie furrowed her eyebrows, staring at me in quietness.
"What are you smirking at?" she questioned.

"Nothing sorry." I said, flinching overdramatically. "Continue."

Jackie raised her eyebrows. What was it with her these days?
"You know what Leo..." I imitated, signaling for her to continue where she had ended.

The next couple of minutes were the longest in my whole life. Jackie just kept staring at me, no words escaping from her mouth. I wasn't sure if she wanted to have some type of staring contest. In case that she was actually battling me I decided to keep my gaze steady on hers, squinting my eyes dramatically.

Jackie's gaze suddenly fell and I cheered on the inside. She pouted her lips, crouching her shoulders.
"Promise to not be mad at me?" she said, leaving me more confused than ever.

YOOO WASSUP MY PEOPLE. To everyone asking, no I'm not dead. Uhm, sorry for not updating🙂 I honestly feel terrible. You know the feeling when you kinda wanna do something so you start it, but then you feel like, ugh no this is boring; that's the feeling I've felt for writing on Wattpad the last weeks. But now I'm gonna GO BACK TO WRITING AS OFTEN AS I CAN. Honestly I decided to just go into wattpad today even thought I didn't want to and then I saw all your funny and hilarious and nice comments and I started laughing and almost crying and all.... I didn't really cry though but yeah. SO THANK U FOR THE SUPPORT❤️😏