Mama Just Killed a Man

Aurora felt her blood run cold.

The gun was pressed to her forehead, a luminous figure standing above it.

'Tell me where your husband is or I will shoot you.'

'I don't know.'

'That's not an answer.' He grabbed her hair pulling her up out of bed. He pushed her against a wall and held the gun by her neck. 'Where is he?'

'He left. I don't know where.' Aurora struggled, her head throbbing from where he tore her hair. She had to get out.

He punched her in the eye, causing her head to roll back and hit the wall. Hard.

'Please. I don't know.'

The man started kicking her trying to get answers believing she actually knew.

Think Aurora, Think.
'I'll... Call him...' she stammered.

Weakly, she put her hands up in surrender, walking to her bedside table. She grimaced as pain shot through her head. Aurora leant down, unplugging the lamp. She swung around, hitting him on the head.

He fell and she ran for the gun.

Aurora screamed as he dug his nails into her calf.

He pulled her down, her nose smashing on the floor. She kicked him, scrambling to get away.

He managed to climb up, grabbing onto her stomach and throwing her into the wardrobe door. She felt the world spin around her.

Standing up, Aurora was hit again as he grabbed her throat, lifting her up and smashing her back into the mirror.

Thousands of glass pieces flew everywhere, scratching Aurora's skin.

Her hair was matted with blood and pain covered her body like a scratchy blanket.
Through the pain Aurora could see the man bend down to pick up the gun.

Aurora grabbed a shard of glass.

It's either him or me.

Aurora stumbled to her feet and ran towards him.

Just as he turned around she jabbed the glass into his neck, pushing it as far as possible. He spun around and stared at her, his eyes wide as the blood poured out of his neck.

Aurora couldn't move, frozen watching this man die in front of her.

He fell onto her, his blood soaking her flimsy pyjamas. She stepped back as he fell, stumbling slowly towards the door.

Pounding filled her head, darkness creeping into her vision. She could no longer tell who's blood was who's as she stared at her red stained hands.

Get out of here.

She ran towards the lift as the doors pinged open. She ran in only to collide with a body.

Nathanial grabbed her before she hit the floor.

He stared at her in horror, before picking her up and putting her on the couch. Through her cloudy vision she could just make out Nathanial walking briskly around the suite, before coming back into the living room, a bag slung over his shoulder.

He was holding a white shirt which he carefully put on Aurora.

'I... I... K... Killed him.' Aurora sobbed, whilst Nathanial pulled her arm through the shirt.

'I know. I'll sort it out Ok? We've just got to get out of here.'

Aurora nodded and tried to stand up.
'Woah... Slow down, I got you' Nathanial steadied her after she nearly fell flat on her face.