Error: Fucks Not Found

The Castillos and the Romanos all crowded into the Romano HQ conference room. It was Aurora's first time in the office that year, and she wanted to go home.

She was sat next to Nathan at the head, as her chair wouldn't fit anywhere else.

Everyone apart from Nathan keeps glancing at her, as if scared she would suddenly burst into tears. Nathan couldn't care less however, and he refused eye contact since yesterday's angry burst in. As a result, Aurora declared (via whiteboard) a no touching rule.

Nathan was the only one standing up, and he lead the discussion.
'Tomorrow morning, all men are leaving to Italy. All battle tactics have been discussed and all are prepared. Whilst this is happening, our house is your safehouse, and you girls will stay there. Should anything happen, I have named Mateo my successor, with Aurora and Danilo as guidance. Andrea is Antonio's named heir, and after that Angelo. Should, worst come to worst, no-one return, the position of Don in both families is to the oldest daughter and spouse, meaning Aurora.' Everyone looked at her but her eyes were firmly on the ground.
Looking down to glance at her, Nathan muttered under his breathe, 'God help us all.'

🖤

Aurora was back in her room and now watching Avengers. Everyone was downstairs having lunch, an event she wasn't invited to, so she sat in her room, with her food tube.

She was near the end of the movie when a knock disrupted the movie.

'Hi Bambi.' Valentina stood by the door. 'How are you doing?'

Valentina slowly approached before stopping about two metres away.

'I'm going to hold your hand ok? I'm going to hold your hand, and stroke your hair, because I want to hug you so hard but I can't do that so I'm going to hold your hand instead.'

Aurora nodded, her breath caught in her throat. Valentina sat carefully on the bed and carefully slipped her hand into her daughter's.

Not use to the contact, Aurora let out a sigh.

'It's Ok baby. I've got you. I'm not letting go of you again, ok?'
Reaching forward Valentina gently pulled Aurora's hair behind her ear.
'Here. Let me tie your hair up.'

When Valentina let go of Aurora's hand, Aurora grabbed it again, furiously shaking her head.

'Hey, hey, I'm here.' Valentina moves closer, pulling her hand entwined with Aurora's to her chest.

Aurora started to cry. Not bawling, but a silent, slow crying, the kind when you've had enough with life but can't do anything to change it.

Valentina moves to sit next to Aurora, gently pulling her towards her and wrapping her arms around her.

It was the most amount of physical contact Aurora had had in 6 months.

After a while, Aurora stopped crying and Valentina put on Dirty Dancing. It wasn't long until both Alessia and Angie had joined them.

For the first time in a very long time Aurora felt hope. Hope that one day she would recover.

🖤

Aurora was on her balcony when Nathan walked in. One of the nurses had left her out there for a bit of fresh air and she was busy marvelling at the crisp May air.

Nathan sat next to her wordlessly. They hadn't been alone together since the outburst, and Aurora felt her heart quicken in fear.

'I'm leaving now, so I'll see you soon, k?' his voice was firm but Aurora could hear the underlying softness. She didn't care for it.

Resuming her gaze out onto the gardens, she hoped he would fuck off.

'I'm going to Italy. To fight the guys that hurt you.' Nathan said slowly thinking she didn't understand.

Aurora simply nodded her head, still refusing to make eye contact.

After an awkward pause, Nathan sighed before beginning to walk out, his hands on his face. By the balcony door, he stopped and turned around.
'I'm trying you know? I'm really fucking trying everything I can. I don't know what to do. I've left you alone, I've been by your side, I've been caring, I've been harsh, I don't know what the hell I can do. What can I do Aurora? What can I do for you to come back to me? Why are you refusing to get better? Why can't you just get over yourself already?'

Aurora turned her chair around and stared at him.

'Why can't you just get over yourself already?'

Nathan's face broke slightly. 'I'm sorry, Rors... I didn't mean that. It's not your fault, I'm, I'm really sorry.'

Aurora looked at him, her face void of emotion.

'Well, sorry isn't good enough.'