Chapter 1: Memories of a fateful day

There are two sides of every blade. One could cut you without any warning, ruining your skin. The other? Couldn't hurt you if it tried. Our two main characters in this story are very much like a blade in that sense. How so? Well, I guess we're about to find out...

(Deku's POV, age 9)

I can't believe Kacchan would beat me up like that... my mind drifted as I limped out the park. Every explosion he threw hurt more and more, my skin is burned. I can barely feel it anymore... My arms were covered in marks from these explosions. I was limping down the street when I saw a girl, the same age as me, laid on the floor, crying. I ran over. "H-hey! A-are you ok?" My voice stammered, it wasn't used to talking to strangers. My body felt weak, the searing pain quickly took over, and I passed out before I reached her. I heard her voice yelp out as she heard me hit the floor. My last moments of consciousness were spent looking at curious yellow eyes looking down at me...

(Deku's POV, modern day)

"Deku... Deku..." The voice ringing in my ears sounded like that of someone who was luring me into a trap. However, it took a sour turn. "DEKU!" I woke up to find Uraraka in my face, trying to wake me up. I had dozed off in class. "Wake up sleepy head, it's lunch time." She smiled her usual bouncy smile as I woke up. "S-sorry Uraraka... You go on without me..."

She frowned, looking down at him. "Deku, are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a bit sleepy from the sudden wake up." This was only half a lie.

Uraraka tried to argue, but Tenya cut in, saving me. "Ochaco! I believe we should leave Midoriya be for a couple minutes to properly wake up from his nap!" Uraraka frowned once again.

"Fine, but make sure you catch us up, ok?"

I nodded, flashing her a nervous and awkward smile.

As her and Tenya left the classroom, I went back to my thoughts. that girl... Why has she been appearing in my dreams so much recently...? my head was circling with many questions along these lines. I shook them off. whoever she is, she must be important. I'll find the owner of those yellow eyes. And... I'll truly apologize to them! I got out of my seat, full of pride, and left the classroom.

(mysterious figure watching from a distance's POV)

my sweet baby Izu is catching on fast... Come find me, come show me how you feel~

I got down from my vantage point and bounced away. I looked back in the direction of my baby Izu once again, smiling. he'll find me, I know he will.

(A/n: so this is the first chapter! I probably won't update this regularly, it's just a little pet project, and something I've wanted to do for a while. Hope you all enjoy. Till next chapter! ^-^)