Chapter 10: Faded Memories

(Deku's POV, 9 years ago)

Gone. It was just... Gone. Her voicebox had completely vanished from her throat. Her silent crying continued, with the tears staining my clothes as well as her own. I just held her there for about 2 minutes before I registered anything. I took her over to our living room, as my mother and the blue haired man went into the kitchen. We just sat on the couch in each other's gentle, yet warm, embrace. I then had the idea of how we could communicate. I finally decided to get up and bring her a pad of paper and a pen. I handed them to her with shaky hands. Her neck was still missing all the skin from the front, and her voicebox still nowhere to be seen.
I asked her questions one by one. In the following order, receiving the following answer.
Q: What's your name?
A: Himiko Toga.

Q: Are you upset about your father?
A: No, I have you.
That one made me blush.

Q: What happened to your neck?
A: I can't answer that.

Q: Why not?
A: I can't answer that.

Now I was seriously concerned. I had one final question for Her;
Q: Who is that man?
She hesitated for about a minute or so. It was clear she didn't want to answer. Finally, she wrote down two lone words on the page. Those words burned into my vision, and I leapt at the man immediately and tried to attack him. He just laughed. "He's a playful one, isn't he? What's his name?" He asked my mother. She replied with my name. "Izuku. His name is Izuku." She gave me a stare as if to say; "stop. You're giving yourself a bad look. You're not like that!"
I knew she was right, so I stopped my assault. But those words... I needed to act on them.

The words on the page read "throat stealer".