chpt 2 - elevator breakdown

Not edited

Xavier's POV

I walked towards my office noticing someones having fun swinging around in their chair, I enter and there I see a familiar face but couldn't quite hold the grip yet.

"Ms Sunny, do you still want your job?" I manage to say... Sunny... Mmmm sounds so familiar who is she?

I called in one of the woman employees that I have been using for sex, yes I know but hey everyone here knows so what's the point of being embarrassed? I'm like the richest man around here and everybody wants me...

[Ooooof cocky af]😁

As we finish up the woman walks out and as I was about to close the door I see documents on the floor... Oh no she must have seen or heard, FUCK, I fucked up big time. Now whats she going to think of me? Wait why do I care?

I went to find more information about this "ms Sunny"... Carnia Sunny... My first love? Oh come on you gotta be kidding me. What is she doing here? Omg she knows what I was doing in the offic---- ah fuck me.

I went home still shocked, my first highschool love was my personal assistant, but why did she act so distance? Like she doesn't know me? I'll talk to her tomorrow I thought to myself.

Next day it's 10:20am and she's still not here, I'm going to go find her, I search up the employment information and looked for her address. I drove and knocked on her door... I knocked harder... Then I started banging on the door

"Mr King what brings you here?"

She still sound so beautifu--- no no stop that.

"You didn't come to the company and, I thought something happened"

"Uh sorry mr king I slept in and---"

"no need the excuse quickly change and I'll take you to work"

"No no it's ok I'll go by my self"

why is she so stubborn?

"I'm already here so hurry up I'm leaving in 10 minutes"

I didn't actually mean it when I said that I'll leave in 10 mins I just said that to make me sound scary or more of an asshole.

So 12 mins later she comes out looking so beautifu--- you need to stop saying that Xavier, I say to myself.

"I appreciate your kindness Mr King"
She gives me a smile, oh how much I wanted to smile back but no I need to keep my coolness.

"Carnia can you not act so distant?, Can you at least call me Xavier?"

I know that I'm her boss but can she at least consider me as her friend since we known each other before or even fell in love with each other before.

"Um Mr King do we know each other I mean I don't know you, the only thing I know is that you are my boss and---"

No no no I can't take her lying ass anymore.

"CARNIA stop with the bullshit, all I wanted to know was why did you leave?" Wow that slipped out by accident.

"Leave? How can I leave if I have never left? Can you not ask questions that can't be answered?" Now she's playing dumb and it's not funny.

"I swear to fucking god Carnia if you don't get your fucking shits together I'm going to......"

I don't know what to do to her but I will do something if she doesn't get her shits together.

"Carnia please just tell me why you left me, I don't love you anymore so it won't affect me, all I need to know is why?"

"Please Mr King, hear me out, I had a car accident and I don't remember anything before the age of 18 so if I forgot you I'm sorry---"

"Wait so your telling me you got in a car accident?"

"Yes can we not bring this up, I think we should head to the company, it's getting late."

She got in a car accident? How come I didn't know about this? So she didn't leave me because she doesn't like me but she forgot about me? I need answers but she doesn't Remember anything ugh why is this so difficult?

My driver drove us to the company in total silence... We enter the elevator but the lights went out and the elevator got jammed...

"Help anyone out side?" Great now I'm stuck with Carnia inside an elevator how awkward is this... Carnia? Where is she I can't see or hear her.

"Carnia?"

I feel someone shaking on the floor...

"Carnia are you ok?"

"I'm I'm scared of the dark help me please" her voice was so shakey and almost silent.

"Don't worry we will be saved soon"

I read somewhere that if someone is scared just hug them and when they feel an embrace of warmth they will loosen a bit. Without any hesitation I pulled her into me and hugged her. This feeling is so achingly familiar, I didn't want to let go... Now I realised I still love her... I still love her very much,I need her in my life...

Then I felt arms wrapped around my waist as she responded which was a good sign that she's ok. I felt a sigh of relief thank God she's ok. As I hold her in my embrace I realised how small she was, she's like a fragile glass that can Shaffer if not taken care of... And I will be its owner.

Authors note

Hey guys I realised that some of yous might be a little confused and if you are read the description because it gives you a little brief of the story.

It's about a couple in highschool and she suddenly disappeared without any notice... A few years later she becomes his personal assistant not knowing who he is because of the car accident that happened, that's why she disappeared.

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter♥️