{7} I SHOW MR. GREEN EYES WHAT'S UP AND LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND {7}

PERCY JACKSON

"I am so full. I feel like a whale."

I snorted at Annabeth's comparison, leaning back into the plush booth seat. "Don't disrespect whales."

She narrowed her eyes at me, mimicking my position. "That was rude."

I laughed, sitting up again and offering the final slurp of my milkshake to my girlfriend.

Annabeth raised her eyebrows. "Wow, you're offering me the last of your milkshake? Surprising," she teased, grasping the glass and taking a swig of the drink.

I grinned and opened my mouth to make another retort, but was interrupted by Hazel, the waitress. It was probably for the better if I wanted to live to see another day.

"If y'all are done, I can take your plates and run to grab your receipt," she informed us.

We nodded in sync, before giving each other a creepy look and bursting into laughter. Hazel shook her head with a smirk on her face, before gathering our plates and cups and rushing off.

Annabeth sucked in a deep breath. "I kind of forgot that we have to go back to real life now."

I cocked my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"I still need to finish my dorm up, meet my roommate, and next week we start classes. You need to set everything up as well, meet your roommate, and we both have to look for jobs soon. I was so focused on the moment that I forgot about all of our responsibilities."

"It's okay to do that every once in a while, don't you think?" I reached across the table to grab her hand gently. "It's okay to just have fun, and worry about all of the stress of life later."

She smiled softly, squeezing my hand back. "Yeah, you're right."

I cupped my free hand around my ear. "I'm sorry, what was that? I'm what?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "You suck."

"No, I'm hard of hearing. Can you repeat the previous statement, ma'am?"

"I said that you were right, Seaweed Brain. Now shut up and be humble."

I gasped exaggeratedly. "I would never not be humble."

Annabeth laughed, and it was probably my favorite sound in the world. I stared at her dazedly, smiling like a little boy who just learned he was allowed to have two candy bars, not just one.

"What?" she asked me. "Is there something on my face?"

I shook my head, about to answer, but Hazel whisked towards us with the bill.

"Here you guys go, thanks so much for coming!"

I smiled up at her. "Thank you."

I put a twenty-dollar bill into the book and left another five dollars on the table.

"Ready to go?" I asked Annabeth.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready."

We stood up and had just passed through the doorway before an interruption occurred.

"Hey, what are you doing, leaving without even saying hello?" someone exclaimed.

I looked over my shoulder and saw the same guy I had been wary of earlier rushing towards us.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Um, yes?"

He scoffed. "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the lady." He stepped closer and reached for Annabeth's hand, which she subtly moved away. "The name is Bryce Lawrence, and yours?"