{11} ONE MINOR CRISIS AND A SIDE OF HASHBROWNS, PLEASE {11}

PERCY JACKSON

That Bryce kid definitely wasn't a good guy, but he had a pretty okay taste in friends if he kept my roommate around. My roommate, Dakota Bryant, was a tall guy with hair so black it was almost purple and light blue eyes that kind of reminded me of my cousin's. He had an insane stock of Koolaid mixes in our cupboard and a strange sense of style, but other than that he was a pretty cool dude.

It had been a few days since meeting Dakota for the first time, and we finally decided to go out and do something together. It was around ten in the morning and we had both woken up ravenous.

"I know a breakfast place nearby," Dakota offered. "It's less than ten minutes and has quick service."

I chuckled. "Say no more, my friend. Let's get going."

The two of us walked off campus and downtown to Hestia's Hearth, a small little café. We stepped inside and I savored the scent of bacon and maple syrup. I sighed contentedly. Breakfast was by far the tastiest meal of the day.

"Where do you want to sit?" Dakota asked me.

I shrugged and looked around the room. It was generally crowded with the majority of the booths taken. A blonde head of curls caught my attention.

A smile curled up the corners of my lips and I walked over to the booth where my favorite blonde was sitting across from her roommate. I slid into the booth beside her and rested my arm across her shoulders. 

"I totally agree," I said, butting into their conversation.

Reyna's brown eyes lit up mischievously. "Yeah? You prefer unpadded bras too?"

"Erm." My face flushed red. "I actually don't have an opinion on that subject."

Annabeth laughed and I smiled down at her, where she was tucked under my arm. "We weren't actually talking about bras, Perce, you're in the clear."

I pretended to wipe the sweat off of my forehead with my unoccupied hand. "Thank goodness," I drawled.

Reyna rolled her eyes. "Boys," she murmured sarcastically.

"Hey," Dakota piped up from where he was standing beside the table, "we aren't all as oblivious as this doofus."

My girlfriend chuckled and poked my side. "You are a doofus, aren't you?"

I sighed and kissed the crown of her head. "You are so lucky I love you, Wise Girl."

"I know," she murmured.

"How was your food?" I asked.

She sat up straight and angled her body towards me. "Mine was incredible. How was yours, Reyna?"

"Pretty good," the brunette admitted. "I'll definitely come here again."

I smiled. "Awesome. Dakota and I are going to grab a table, but I'll see you guys later. Are you busy tonight?"

"Actually," Annabeth said, "we are."

I quirked up an eyebrow. "Really?" I asked. "What are you doing?"

"Your girlfriend insisted that we go out to a party," Reyna announced.

My lips parted. "This girl?" I questioned, jutting my thumb to the side.

Reyna pushed her dark hair back. "That's the one."

Annabeth cleared her throat. "It'll be fun," she said unsteadily. "We'll go out, get to know each other some more, and maybe make some new friends."