Apollo

"And Bill's Magmortar melts Wade's Durant with a Lava Plume and puts Durant out of action! Bill is the winner of the Quora Region Pokèmon Tournament!" blared the TV. I watched, full of excitement as the final of the famous Pokèmon tournament unfolded before me.

"Well Bill really did deser-" I switched the channel to the local one, to see someone showcasing Pokèmon toys, and closed the notebook that I'd been writing in. I had been watching the course of the Pokèmon tournament for several weeks now, taking notes on techniques that I may be able to use whilst being a Pokèmon trainer. From which types are strong against which types and how to counter moves-I learnt a lot about battling.

Finally, the adverts finished and the program that I'd been waiting for came on. "Good evening, citizens of Seagem Town. You've probably heard of me but if you somehow haven't, then my name is Professor Nexus, the Pokémon professor of the Quora region." Said a tall man in an immaculate, white lab coat. He looked in his thirties and was quite handsome. His eyes were a verdant green and his hair was a light, wavy brown. In the background, I caught glimpses of the lab. There were several machines with scientists hunching over them. A wall was lined with several pictures and photographs of Pokèmon and another had shelves full of neatly aligned Pokèballs. "Those who signed up to be Pokèmon trainers are going to get your starter Pokèmon tomorrow. My assistants will be calling each of your homes to ask which starter Pokèmon you would like. Remember that you can choose from any other region's starter Pokèmon. You will also get a Pokèdex to help you identify Pokèmon whilst on your journey as well as a trainer card to prove that you are a real Pokèmon trainer and your money will be stored on it as well. That's all my friends. Good night and good luck on your journey! Adios!" With that the program ended and the adverts came again so I turned the television off.

I stood up and pushed my long, dark-brown hair out of my violet eyes (my favourite bit of my appearance) and looked around my room. In the corner stood a large Snorlax plush, almost as big as a real one, that I had won from a Pokèmon fair a year ago. On the side of the room near the door stood my bed (that had Pikachu covers on) and next to that was a chest of drawers. On it, there was a Pokèball lamp as well as a Squirtle alarm clock. The carpet was grey and the wallpaper was stripy in many different blues and greens.

Tomorrow I was getting my starter Pokèmon so that I could become a Pokèmon trainer. From a young age, I had dreamed of becoming the champion of Quora. This meant that I'd have to travel the Quora region and see other places: living in small Seagem Town meant that I didn't get to see the bigger cities of Quora like Quorania or Cupriase.

Seagem Town was in the southwest of the region and it was also where Quora's Pokèmon professor stayed and worked. Picturesque, tranquil, it was one of those towns that looked more like a village. Seagem got its name from the beautiful coast it was situated next to, only separated from the Articunic Sea by a sandy beach. The "gem" part came from the ancient, abandoned gem mine near the town. Rumour had it that something powerful lived in the deepest cave and shouldn't be known about. People went in occasionally but none had ever dared to go through the barriers that blocked the tunnel entrance to the deep cave.

I knew that I'd have to be up early the next day so I decided to get ready for bed. As I was getting my Pokèmon themed pyjamas on, my phone rang. A photo of a boy of the same age came on-screen. He had short black hair and caramel-brown eyes and was quite tall. He was neither fat nor thin and was quite handsome.

I picked up the phone and answered it.

"'Sup Apollo?" came a voice on the other end.

"Just getting ready for bed, how about you Static?" I replied.

"You're going to sleep already? I'm choosing a movie to watch," he chuckled, "Well I guess you're being sensible as we have to wake up early tomorrow. How about I come down to yours with my starter?"

"Alright then. I would advise putting an alarm on by the way you Snorlax!" said Jake, sniggering

Static laughed, "Shut up Sunvine! Anyways bye."

"Bye!" I said and put the phone down.

Static and I were inseparable since we were toddlers: we liked the same things (Pokèmon mostly), did the same things and we just liked each other.

"Apollo! The professor's assistant is on the phone!" called my dad from the living room downstairs. I raced down the stairs and burst into the living room, excitement in my veins. I had been considering what my starter would be for some time now and had finally come to a conclusion. It seemed that my younger brother (Peter) (who looked similar to me but without the purple eyes) was playing Pokèmon cards with my dad.

Static, Peter, Static's brother, Luke, and I sometimes played and did things together, although Peter and Luke usually stayed together whilst Static and I did our thing. It was probably because that Static and I were the same age and Peter and Luke were both two years younger than us.

"Someone's excited." said my dad as he handed me the telephone.

"Go away, it's going to be a surprise. You too Peter." I said to them both.

"Make the right decision and go with Froakie." whispered Peter.

"In your dreams!" I replied, smirking.

He grinned at me and then went to his room upstairs, my dad's loyal Growlithe bounding up after him. I told the scientist on the phone which Pokèmon I wanted.

*****************************************

Apollo Sunvine is excited to become a Pokèmon trainer and, after putting some thought into it, he has come to a conclusion of what his lifelong partner will be. What Pokèmon is it? Will it be strong? Will it be friendly? And what about Static Peters? Will his Pokèmon be strong? Will Static even wake up on time?

Author's Note

Hello everyone! Hope you liked the first chapter. Just wanna say that I have no set schedule for when I will be updating however I will make sure that it is regular. Also this is my first long story so please give feedback so that I can improve! Thanks!

Please comment so that I know that you are reading and vote!