Dinner Date

Dinner
Brownstone Jazz
Brooklyn, New York
Tuesday October 30, 2018
8:30 p.m

Beyoncé

I looked over at Nicki in the dimly lit Jazz club I suggested here in Brooklyn. I figured it would be a great place with a calm, soothing atmosphere to help explain the complicated encounter I had with Lauren. There was a black guy up on the center stage with a trumpet playing a jazz-like tune.

"So, can you tell me what Lauren said to you again?" Nicki asked before taking a bite of her food. Not only was it a jazz club, but a restaurant as well.

I sighed dreadfully. "I already told you what she said about.." I trailed off looking down at my watch on my right wrist. "Ten minutes ago." I said looking back at her.

"Still Beyoncé."

"Fine-"

I was cut off by Nicki holding her hand up and dropping her fork onto her plate, creating a clanking noise.

"What?" I questioned, confusingly.

"Oh my god." She whispered as she looked towards the stage at the man performing. He was now singing rifts into black microphone.

"What?" I asked again.

"I love this song." She blushed looking at me. "At first I wasn't for sure that this was it, but I recognize those rifts from anywhere. He sounds exactly like the artist." She gushed.

I smiled. "You wanna dance?"

She looked at me, puzzled and shook her head quickly. "In front of all these people? Not to mention there is no dance floor and everyone else is sitting down."

"So." I shrugged. "Are you afraid it'll look gay or something?"

"No...no, I'm not. It's just no one else is up dancing. It'll be awkward."

"Come on Nicki. You obviously love this song. We can simply dance. It's not gay to dance with your female friend." I stood up from my seat and held out my hand for her. She stared up at me for a few seconds, contemplating everything. Finally, she grabbed my hand and stood up. I led her a few feet away from our table so we could have some room. I started doing my own little two step, because I don't really dance, but I'm sure Nicki does and I wanted to make this a nice evening for her, not one where the only thing we do is talk about her potential backstabbing best friend, Lauren.

I watched Nicki as she swayed side to side, moving her hips seductively. I smiled, and noticed the shape and movement of her ass. Damn. Focus Beyoncé, focussssss.

The man on stage begun to sing and I nodded my head, snapping my fingers. He sounded really good, as the rest of his band focused on only playing the instruments.

"Ooh, I saw her and she hit me like (Tadow)
Saw that thing so beautiful (Tadow)
She just hit my heart, ooh (Tadow)
Full force and she got me like (Tadow)." The man sung.

I saw Nicki singing along and I grabbed her hand and spun her around abruptly, catching her off guard.

"Beyoncé!" She giggled.

We started drifting side to side and dancing with each other at a distance. I looked around and noticed eyes on us and people smiling, some even getting up and dancing themselves.

"See, we start trends." I spoke lowly.

"Huh?" Nicki said.

I nodded my head towards the other people dancing and she smirked. We rocked our bodies from side to side and Nicki threw some steps in there and I had to show her I could get down a little bit too. I wasn't going to let her show me up.