Chapter 4

Stiles' head was pulsing, he could feel his heart beat behind his eyes as his temples ached. He squinted his eyes tightly, unaware of anything beyond him as he willed his muscles to move.
However his body felt like dead weight as he could not even move a finger. His head begin to whir with thoughts on what had happened until it hit him so hard he screamed in his own head. All the thoughts of what he had done were presented to him, how he'd been beaten at school then at home by his father and how he'd tried to kill himself.

He wondered where he was and how long he'd been out. Considering he was still presumably alive that means someone must have found him in time to rush him to the hospital which lead him to ask who? He was practically always alone in his room and he didn't want saving, he just wanted it to end. As he wrapped his head around what had happened, his hearing began to clear and he heard that all to stereotypical beeping for a heart monitor. His fingers twitched as he tried so hard to move, to free himself from the restraints of his own body. As he began to panic at the thoughts of being unable to move and stuck within his own body, he heard the door open and what he thought were two sets of footsteps entering his room.

"Yes his heart rate is not abnormal, all his vitals have since stabalised, we did have to administer a drug induced coma to help prevent further damage and to help his body heal but that shouldn't last long, a few hours more at the most as he has now been under for a few days" a thick, deep Male voice uttered as their footsteps came closer.

"Thankyou doctor" a voice he recognised this time, his fathers to be exact and although stiles could not see, he could hear the despair and worry in his voice, whether that was genuine or an act though was still unknown to stiles. Hey maybe he had sobered up once he realised his son had tried to off himself, or maybe he was just pretending so he didn't get suspicion for the abuse on his body. As he heard the doctor walk out the door, he heard his father sit in a chair besides his bed, however he did not reach for his hand, did not apologise, did not seem distressed. He simply sat there: in silence.

After what stiles thought to be a few hours, his thoughts had started to quieten down as he had accepted he wasn't going anywhere until his body decided to wake up and his father was so quiet he genuinely thought he had left. That was until he heard him rise from his chair and walk towards the door. When he reached it he muttered "what the fuck have you done stiles" in the most monotone, empty voice stiles had ever heard and then he was gone.

————————————————

Stiles must have fallen asleep because he woke up again to the door being shut and the sensation of a sharp pain in his left bicep. He let out a heavy fast and clenched his fist, only just coming to realise his body was now fully conscious. His eyes shot open and the intense lighting of the room burned his retinas, causing him to squint and shoot up in his seat. He could hear the doctor next to him trying to talk to him to calm him doen but it wasn't working. As he opened his eyes fully he realised he was in a hospital room alone with the nurse and he could feel every limb aching.
The realisation that he wasn't dead hit him hard as he became fully aware of his surrounding and he realised that no one was here for him. He let out a desperate cry in anger and despair and began to pry himself from the bed, trying to rip the needles from his skin supplying him with fatty substinance foods. The female doctor tried to hold him back but it only made him more angry as he screamed like a mad man and pulled with all him might.

The door burst open and a sea of doctors flooded into the room but he refused to give up, pulling against them and screaming to let him go.
Finally one man approached him, gentler than the rest with a small needle in his palm. He was clearly trying to talk to stiles, trying to reassure him but all stiles could hear was the heart monitor. Beeping slowly and driving him insane.