Chapter 5

As soon as Derek was out of the room, stiles was observing his surrounding, the way there were a bunch of chairs stacked in the corner and the way the door made a strange clicking sound when it shut.

He stared down to his elbow and hand, where a needle was placed and looked at the drip bags. Realistically he knew that they would most likely just be nutrition for his body, but the dark side of his mind saw the bag as full of fat, fat that was being pumped into his body and would make him gain weight. He started to panic, worried about how much weight he had put on in judt the few days he was in a coms because he was sure they had been pumping him with fluids since he arrived. His heard rate spiked at the thought of being even fatter, at how he must look. He suspected he looked like a fat pile of disgusting mess. His heard rate was picking up, and the heart monitor was beating quicker and quicker causing him to panic more. Just when he thought he was on the brink of a panic attack and he felt his throat start to constrict, Derek burst back through the door holding two cups with a worried expression painted over his face.

He quickly deposited the cups onto the bedside table and ran to stiles' side. Stiles could see his mouth moving but could not hear his words. Derek soon realised that talking wasn't working, and he quickly decided that placing one hand on his bicep and the other on his neck seemed like the best idea. When Derek's hand made a connection with stiles' neck, his first instinct was to flinch away from the touch and he tried to move his head, so unaccustomed to the touch of another person, especially on one of the most sensitive parts of his body.

But Derek's hand remained, he gripped stiles bicep and gently squeezed his neck until stiles began to welcome the warmth, it was such an amazing contrast to how cold he always felt.
He leaned into Derek's hand as he started to refocus and he shivered when Derek squeezes his neck harder than the times before. It grounded him.

When Derek realised he was starting to calm down, he slowly removed his hands and stiles sank back into the covers of the bed, half embarrassed and half drained of energy. Derek moved back, grabbing stiles' drink and passing it to him. He didn't ask questions. Stiles appreciate it. Stiles sipped slowly on the coffee, moaning slightly at the warmth that blossomed within his body. He closed his eyes and basked in the temporary comfort and heat he got from the simple drink, and the bitterness of it excited his tastebuds in a way that didn't happen much anymore.

After slowly sipping on half of his coffee, he opened his eyes to find Derek enjoying his own what he presumed to be latte. Stiles squinted at Derek, taking in his features properly for the first time. The man had bushy yet fashionable dark eyebrows that creased at every word he said, he had sharp cheekbones littered with a thin layer of sexy stubble. He had a sharp, pointed nose that led to beautiful Forest green eyes and a mop of raven black hair that swooped over his forehead and looked so soft and stiles desperately just wanted to reach out and touch the luscious locks, twirling the soft strands between his finger.

Stiles realised he was staring and bashfully blinked down to the ever so interesting pillow besides his head. Luckily Derek hasn't noticed stiles' staring, or if he had he hadn't said anything. Derek finished his coffee in silence and placed the empty mug back on the side table.

"Stiles, as dreadful as it may seem, we need to talk about how you ended up here in the first place. I have to make a full evaluation that will determine what we do next" Derek spoke abruptly and didn't sound all too pleased himself.

Stiles began to shut down again. Of course Derek just wanted to get on with it. He had other people to save and treat and stiles was just another patient, one of thousands Derek had already helped and he meant nothing. NOTHING.

The word reverberated in his mind, echoing and haunting him. It terrified him. The fact that he meant nothing, nothing to his father, nothing to his 'friends', nothing to this doctor who was a complete stranger. He WAS nothing.Nothing to nobody. That scared him. Terrified him. He was just so lonely and he craved human interaction. He needed it.