Prologue

"Peter, please open the door. There's someone who wants to see you" Pepper said, knocking on the door of her son's room.

"Leave me alone!" He shouted from the other side.

Pepper sighed and walked back to the couch, where Happy was sitting.
"He wants to be left alone." She said

Happy rubbed her back in comfort.
"It's going to be ok." He said.

"He's not coming out of his room unless he has to go to school. He doesn't eat with us. And Morgan misses him."

"I know it's hard. But don't forget that he watched his third father die in front of his eyes. It's traumatizing."

"I know. But I miss the old Peter. The happy and energetic one. The boy who we all grew to love." Pepper says, tears willing in her eyes.

Happy continued to rub her back, trying to soothe her. He gets up and said,"I'll go and try to talk to him."

Pepper nodded, watching him walk up the stairs to her son's room.

Meanwhile with Peter,

The teen is sitting on his bed, his back against the wall, hugging his knees to his chest and his face buried between his knees.

Tears streamed down his face, he tried to stop them but they just kept coming. It's been six months since the battle, he hadn't been able to sleep. Caffeine is running through his veins from the amounts of coffee and energy drinks that he had.

His room is a mess, there are empty cans of drinks everywhere, his school work is scattered across the desk, and the room smells terrible.

As for Peter, he hadn't had a proper good night sleep since the war, his hair is greasy and a huge mess, he doesn't leave his room unless he has to go to school or if he has to attend a press conference, and he hadn't been studying, but somehow his grades are still all A's.

He misses having a happy life. He misses seeing his dad, his mom, his sister and his friends. Yeah, he sees his friends at school, but he feels like he isn't there, he feels invisible, like a ghost. He tries to interact with people as little as possible.

He was lost in his thoughts, but they were soon interrupted by another knock on his door.

He groaned, closing his eyes in frustration.
"I said leave me alone!" He yelled, voice cracking.

"Pete, it's me, Happy. May I come in?" Happy asks.

"No, go away. I don't want to see anybody!"

"Peter? It's me Morgan. Can you please come and play with me?" His little sister ask from the other side.

His eyes softens at the sound of her voice. He desperately wants to get out and be there for his family. But he feels broken, his body is exhausted and he can barely move.

But, he gets up and walks towards the door, unlocking and opening it. He looks at Happy, and the man stares at him. He hadn't seen Peter like this before.

Peter kneels in front of Morgan, forcing a smile.
"Maybe we can play later, ok?" He says.

Morgan's smile drops to a frown.
"Ok." She says, voice filled with sadness.

The two men watches her as she walks towards her room. Once she was out of sight, Peter turns around, about to go in his room again. But Happy stopped him.
"We need to talk."

Peter furrowed his brows.
"No, what we need to do right now is to go our separate ways."

"I'm not going to let you isolate yourself like that."