Chapter Two

The next day, after breakfast, the two teens headed to the Avengers Facility.

The doors opened and the two stepped into the empty facility.

"I missed this place." Peter said, looking around.

They went down to the labs and walked past Tony's lab.

Peter glanced at it, feeling his chest tightens, but he pushed the feeling away.

"Alright, we will work in my personal lab, it's smaller than the others, but it's good enough." He said, punching in the code to the lab.

The door opened and they walked to one of the tables to start working.

"Okay, so, what's your plan?" Harley said, sitting on a stool.

"Well, we could've used the stones, but they are gone. But, their energy is still here. So, we can build a machine that could absorb their energy, which we will then create a code to activate said machine, and that code will be like us snapping our fingers." Peter said.

"Well, why go through all that trouble? Why don't we just build a gauntlet and snap him back?" Harley asked.

"Don't be stupid, why do you think dad died? He is a mortal and his body can't handle the gamma radiation coming from the stones, so it killed him. So what makes you think that we can do it?" 

"Alright, alright, sorry for asking. But if this actually works, doesn't that mean we can bring anyone who had died, back to life?"

"No, it will only work if that somebody died from using the stones."

"Can we bring black Widow back?"

"I'm not sure, but I think we can't. Because she sacrificed herself for the soul stone, and that can't be undone."

Harley nodded, and the two started working immediately.

Peter designed the machine and worked on the physics, and Harley worked on the mechanics of it.

The worked all day on designing it, and by 1:00 AM, they were done.

Peter lifted up the blueprint, looking at it in disbelief.
"It's actually going to work." He said, in shock.

Harley put a hand on his shoulder, "Yeah, it will." He said.

For the next week, the two teens worked day and night on perfecting the machine. 

Pepper grew suspicious of them, so she decided to take action.

When the weekend came, the two stumbled into the house at 2:00 AM, they were exhausted, and Pepper was waiting for them on the couch.

"Peter, Harley; come here, we need to talk." She said, sternly.

The two walked over to her and sat down on the couch, nervously.

"Did you finish your 'school project'?" She asked.

They glanced at each other, before Harley spoke,
"We just need to put some finishing touches." He said, hesitantly.

"I know you're lying to me. So, what are you actually working on?"

They stayed quiet for a few moments.

"Mom, you miss dad, don't you?" Peter asked.

Pepper looked taken aback, but answered,
"Of course, we all do."

"How would you feel if he came back?"

She stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to come up with an answer.
"Happy, I guess. Of course I want to see him again."

"Harley and I had been working on a machine that would, hopefully, be able to bring him back."

She looked shocked, and sceptical about it.

"I know, it sounds crazy. But we had been working on it none stop. And it might actually work." Harley said.

"And what if you mess it up?"

"We won't. We promise."

"Alright, you should go to bed, you have school tomorrow."

Peter groaned and got up to get ready for bed, Harley walking beside him.

"Let's start the machine tomorrow, ok?" He said.

"Yeah, we will start it after I come back from school. Did you finish the arm?" Peter asked

"Yeah, it's all ready." 

They both went to their separate rooms.

Peter layed down in his bed, thinking about everything. He really missed his dad, and would do anything to bring him back.

He picked up his EDITH glasses and put them on.
"Welcome, Peter. How can I help you today?" The A.I asked.

"I want to record a message for dad." He said, sitting up on his bed, and placing the glasses on the nightstand in front of him.

"Hey dad, it's Peter, again. I really miss you, Everybody does. Hopefully you will be here with us soon. In fact, everything had been going well lately, aside from the depressed atmosphere in the house, I'd say we are doing well. But, that doesn't mean that we have moved on. I don't think that we will ever. That's why Harley and I are building this machine. I can't help but feel like I let you down; You gave me these glasses, trusting me to be the next Tony Stark; but I Don't think I can do that. I can't sleep at night, and I think I have PTSD, I keep remembering that same moment where you died, I can't forget the pain from watching you die, or from being turned to dust all these years ago. It hurts, everything hurts. We need you...I need you. I really hope that this machine works. Mom is very devastated, and Morgan wants her daddy, and I need my hero. I miss you dad, I really do. I hope to see you soon. Love you." 

He stopped the recording and put on the glasses on.
"EDITH, send the message to dad's lab, please." He said.

"Sending completed."

He placed them next to him and laid down again, drifting off to sleep.