Chapter Thirteen ~ Guns N Fuckin' Roses

A year. 365 days. That's how long it had been since Poppy had made the choice to leave the house filled with her best friends. Time seemed to have flown by in the months proceeding her departure. But she still never truly stopped missing them.

Their debut; Appetite for destruction was a complete solid gold record. Poppy hadn't even bought the album, yet she knew all the words and all the songs just from the radio, and constantly seeing their faces plastered on MTV. Her brother? little Stevie Adler on MTV, she couldn't believe it.

As for Poppy, she had taken the last bus as far as a hundred bucks could take her, that meant she ended up in San Francisco. She was wary at first, scared of the new city. But soon she fell in love with her small apartment and job working as an assistant to a prestigious law firm. She was proud of the name she had made for herself, without having to flaunt her now famous sibling.

There had been many times in the past year she had wanted to try and get into contact. But she always came to the conclusion that they were better off without her, they had their careers now. They didn't need some girl who left them to begin with.

But, when Poppy saw a flyer advertising one of their upcoming shows in San Francisco, she couldn't resist grabbing a ticket. She didn't really mind if she met the guys again, she just wanted one night where she could ever what her life was like a year ago.

POPPY'S POV:
Waiting in the queue for a famous band, which my brother was in, was surprisingly not something I would have thought i'd be saying this time three years ago. But here I was. I smoothed fabric of my dress down and handed the doorman my ticket. Excited for the night ahead.

Fuck, there was so many people here. I remember when I used to think the gigs at the Whiskey held a lot of people. The guys will be filling stadiums by next year at this point. Luckily, my tickets meant that i was pretty near the stage, I managed to push my way through so that i was only a few rows from the front.

As the lights dimmed and a booming voice came over the megaphone, my breathing seemed to hitch. I heard the voice announce 'Guns N Fuckin Roses' and a wave of nervousness coarser it's way through my body. I couldn't wait to hear them but at the same time, I could easily pass out if even one of them saw me.

The guys entered on stage. Steven first, perching himself on his drum stool. Then came the rest, they hadn't changed a day since I last saw them. As I gazed over to look at Slash, it was as if all emotions form a year ago were back and in full force. He looked beautiful, moody and mysterious but beautiful. And as the first riff of 'Sweet Child O Mine' echoed through the room. All feelings of nervousness left my body and I sang louder than ever.

Slash's POV:
Thank fuck that was over. I sound like a brat because literally I have my dream job and yet I still complain. But tonight was just exhausting, Axl had been bitching about Steven being high, Duff was drunk, and I was pissed off. We all practically stormed off stage; to be honest I didn't even know what city I was in, the whole Appetite tour has been a blur. A big hectic, tiring blur.

Still, I guess I should be grateful. It wasn't that long ago we were nearly homeless living off McDonald's fries and booze. Now we were, I guess 'living the dream'. I think some of the bitterness within me came from a year ago, I still never really got over her. I just wish she could see me living my dream. I wonder if she even thought about the band. Fuck thinking about her I need a cigarette.

Poppy's POV:
The rustling of a key in the door had let me know that someone was close to finding my secret smoking spot. A fight had broken out at the front of the club and I simply wanted to enjoy my cigarette in peace, without having to be pushed by annoying teenagers.

It seemed someone was having trouble opening the door, as all I could hear was 'Fuck' and 'Fuckin stupid door' I chuckled to myself at whoever was struggling. Soon enough it seemed they got it open, the door swinging open. Still staring at my cigarette I let out a throaty laugh (My voice was butchered by the singing) "Thought you'd never get the thing open" I joked. I looked up when I got no reply. Needless to say the smile was com-fucking-pletely wiped from my face as I was realised who had been struggling with the door.

He removed some of the curls that were clouding his vision, my jaw still stood low on the ground. His voice was breathy and filled with surprise.
"Poppy?"

---------
AH! Fuck it's been so long since i've updated. Hopefully some people still want to read it?!