And So We Meet Again...We Just Don't Know It

Angelica was an incredibly ambitious girl, and that's not what she's learned from others. From a young age she knew she wanted to do great things, and nothing was going to stop her. Of course, she was fortunate enough to grow up in a family that wanted her to succeed, but she could be proud of herself for getting into college, couldn't she? No family connections, no cheating, just her and her brain.

Like her parents had suspected from a young age, Angelica just wanted to learn everything she could. She still majored in a subject, that being political science, but she still took classes in history, women's studies, etc.. It was just her mission to become as educated in as many subjects as possible. Really, it was a miracle she was born into a rich family.

History was one of Angelica's favorite subjects. Maybe it was learning about the people who made this country, maybe it was that she never wanted to repeat the mistakes of her ancestors, but history has always been special to her. It was no wonder she was in such a promising class, too. As she walked down the aisle to one of the middle front seats, Angelica took notice of each one of her classmates. Boys playing on their phones, one of them had an incredibly troubled look on his face, there was a girl with blonde hair drawing in a notebook, a girl and boy across the room cuddling.

No one was paying attention to her as she took one of the last two seats in the front row, but she was aware of them. Angelica looked at the teacher, who was typing something extremely fast on his computer. She thought for a minute, then remembered his name; Blake Franklin. Funny that his last name was like Benjamin Franklin, someone who was very important in American history.

The room was tidy and blank, the only interesting thing being that the desks were all painted navy blue. As Angelica surveyed the room, taking care to write down every interesting thing in a document in her phone, a young woman, who looked to be the same age as Angelica herself, raced down into the front row empty seat. Something about her seemed familiar.

The girl wore a simple blue dress, white jacket, had white sneakers on, and had long, straight black hair. Her face was flushed red, most likely from the running she did to get there. She cursed under her breath as she rummaged through her bag. "Where is-"

"Good morning,class!" Professor Franklin announced, looking at each and every student in the class. Angelica shivered as his gaze found her. Those eyes were so old...but the professor couldn't have been more than thirty! It struck her as odd, but this was not her place to ask questions about his appearance. "I am Professor Franklin, welcome to..." Angelica hated the first day to no end. All the rules for each class, it was just an excuse for the teacher to talk about himself. Luckily, she was a master of pretending to pay attention. The almost late girl, however, was not a master.

Angelica studied the girl carefully, watching as she clearly debated something in her head. She pulled a pen out of her bag with a triumphant look and began. write. Where had she seen her before? They obviously weren't roommates, and her light skin was nothing like where Angelica came from. They must've passed each other when moving in, she reasoned. There were tons of people in the halls that day...

"I know this is upsetting, but we will have our first assessment starting today." The words pulled Angelica back to reality. "You will have to make a presentation on what you are most passionate about in history. You will find all the requirements on Canvas, where you can also ask me questions." Professor Franklin turned away, but then a smirk appeared on his face."Oh, and one more thing... This is a partner assignment. Your partner must be in this class." He gave a little wave. "Have a nice day."

Now, Angelica hated partner assignments, especially if they were on the first day. That was a dirty trick. Today, though, she figured this could give her a chance to get to know the girl next to her. Find out why she feels so familiar.