Fevers. Great!

Happy new year!

Thomas led James into their dorm, letting his sick friend lean against him. All of his life, James has had a terrible immune system,  and they had known each other since they were kids, and, unbeknownst to James, before then.

However, that was the past. Even if their friendship was a bright spot in that life, Thomas would rather forget that time. His past self wasn't quite the best person, though he was better than many, many other people of the time. Anyway, the past was the least, and Thomas Johnson was not Thomas Jefferson. 

"Thomas…" Oh, right! James, had a fever! That was pretty important. 

"I was just thinking. Come on, onto the couch. You're in no shape to walk to your bed, and I don't want to carry you there." James unceremoniously fell onto the couch.

Thomas put a hand on his friend's head.  It wasn't too hot, but hotter than he thought would be normal.  He wasn't the best with helping treat fevers, as James somehow didn't get them a lot. 

Even if he wasn't the best at treating fevers, Thomas knew what to do to treat a low-grade fever, so he was internally crossing his fingers. 

It was a routine, though he had hardly shook fe it. Grab the thermometer, place or in Hangers mouth. Check it: 100°, a low grade fever. Bingo. 

The water was freezing cold as it soaked into the towel and flowed over his hand. Despite that, Thomas did not flinch. In a way, he was relieved by the cold because it would help James. 

Every day in their past lives, Jefferson would be worried that Madison's life would be taken by the sicknesses that constantly plagued him. Funny that in the end, his life was taken by heart failure instead. 

The cold and wet towel was laid on James' head, and Thomas collapsed into an armchair in relief.

In times of silence, Thomas ended up thinking, and he hated that. Thinking led to Thomas Jefferson, who did too many terrible things in his lifetime. Yes, he helped free the colonies and turn America into the incredible nation it is today, and he was proud to be that person. The problem was, that person also had slaves and hurry his political enemies savagely. Currently, his treatment of Alexander Hamilton continued to plague his mind whenever everything went silent. 

In an act of rebellion against his own mind, Thomas shot up from his seat and made his way to the bedroom his other roommate, Aaron Woods, had claimed. Aaron had a huge bookshelf, filled with many kinds of books. Fantasy, mystery, historical fiction, nonfiction, even romance. One of the first things he had said to the other two was that his bookshelf was always open to them, and so Thomas was going to take him up on that promise.

Soon, he had chosen a book, a fantasy novel that was a retelling of Snow White. Fantasy was Thomas' favorite genre, because it didn't cross with real life. 

After about thirty to forty-five of Thomas reading in the chair by the couch, James jolted awake. "T-Thomas!" He stammered, clutching the fabric of the couch with an iron like grip. 

Thomas jumped up from his seat and immediately came to his friend's side. "What's wrong?" He asked, putting a hand on James' arm. 

"I…" James looked up at Thomas with a sudden wisdom in his eyes. "I remember my past life."

------

Elizabeth picked at the rats nest in her hair as she speed-walked. Theodosia matched her walk with confidence, reading a book as she walked. It was times like these where Elizabeth envied her roommate. For some reason, she couldn't wake up to alarms, and so Theo has ended up having to wake her up every. Single. Day. She felt kinda bad for that.