CHAPTER 2

*A/N I would love some feedback on my story! so feel free to comment suggestions at any time. I hope you enjoyed that last chapter. thanks for reading :) -M

When I come to, I notice a glass of orange juice and a plate of mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies sitting on my nightstand.

"Oh, Alex you're awake!!" I quickly turn my head to face the person who had spoken. I realize too late that, that was a horrible mistake. My head hurts like hell.

"Sammy? But..." I start in shock.

"Shhhh" he cuts me off. "It's okay. I know I'm not supposed to be here until Saturday, but something is clearly wrong and when I tried to calm you down, you didn't answer me! I knew you hadn't hung up and I was really worried about you!"

Great, this was exactly what I didn't want to happen..

"I told the University that I had a family emergency and that I don't know when I will be back"

"Sam you really didn't have to.." I try again, only to be cut off.

"Yes, I did." "You are upset about something, though for some reason you can't tell me what it is, but I am here for you" "I know that you want me to focus on school and not on you, but I can't focus at all knowing that you are upset and won't even tell me why"

"Sammy.." I start to say. He looks down at me, "yes?" "Before I tell you what's going on, can you please tell me what happened?"

"Oh of course!" "You were so upset that you passed out. I think it was an anxiety attack or something."

"Oh wow..okay" I reply clearly shocked.

I look over at the clock and see that it reads 7:30. That means I was passed out for about half an hour!

"Now drink your juice and eat a cookie, and explain to me why you are so upset"

"Sam trust me, it's nothing," I say before taking a sip of orange juice.

"Why are you so upset then?" He asks reaching over me for a cookie. I grab the plate and set it down between both of us.

"I don't know.," I say staring at my mismatched socks.

It's quiet for a minute and I look up. He is looking around the room like the answer is going to be written down somewhere. A few moments later he stops, his eyes resting on Jesse.

"This is about your brother isn't it?" He asks softly. All I can do is nod, as hot tears stream down my cheeks.

"Oh, Alex.." He starts. Seconds later I feel his strong arms wrap around my stomach and we are swaying back and forth to no music.

This soon becomes a 'who can knock the other person over first' game and we both fall flat on our backs onto the mattress. I smile. I look over at the clock again. 8:00.

"Are you tired?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I am," I reply. He pulls the covers out from underneath him and pulls them on top of us. I feel his strong arms around my stomach once more and hear the creaking sounds of the bed from him shifting beside me. This is total best friend behavior right? Before I know it I'm asleep.