CHAPTER 3

I wake up to the sweet smell of eggs and ham (I hate bacon) and I try to turn over, but something is blocking me. I look down to see that Samuel still has his arms around me. Everything that happened yesterday comes flooding back. I decide to lay here a little while longer, I don't want to wake Sam, and I feel completely safe cuddled up to him. I glance at the clock and sit bolt upright. Sam shifts and I know I've wakened him.

"It's 10:00!" I say rather loudly. "Well thank you Captain Obvious!" he replies with a smirk on his face.

"What are you smirking about? I'm 2 hours late for school!" "Why didn't you wake me when the alarm went off?"

"Because I turned it off last night while you were asleep.," he says still smiling.

"Why would you do that? I.." He cuts me off. Again.

"Alex calm down. I told your parents what happened last night and your dad took the morning off work" he explains. "I will "babysit" you the rest of the day."

"Hey! I am NOT a baby" I say playfully shoving him.

"Anyways, you don't have to go to school for the rest of the week! You know with the anniversary coming up and all..."

"OMG thank you so much, Sam!" I tell him embracing him in a hug.

"Aha, no problem" he replies.

"Now are we going to sit here on our asses all day? It wouldn't kill me to eat" I reply with a smile.

As we walk into the kitchen, I notice it looks cheerier than usual. The soft yellow walls look yellower, the grey counters look cleaner, the white tiles look spotless, and even the glass table looks shinier! In fact, the room itself looks brighter. Dad must have changed a lightbulb or something.

"Smells great Mr. Vivaldi!" Sam says speaking up beside me.

Dad looks over at us and puts the lid on the pan of ham. He walks over and surrounds Sam and me in a hug.

"Thank you, Samuel! But how many times do I have to tell you to call me Tim?"

"Until I die Sir" is his response.

I may have forgotten to mention that Sam and his family are fairly wealthy. When he was 5, Julia his little sister, died about a couple of months after she was born. Of course, he doesn't really remember her. Just the memory of her tiny finger wrapped around his larger, 5-year-old finger. Every year on November 13th, (her birthday) and January 10 (her death day) they go to visit her grave. His mom started an organization for people who had lost young children, called 'Young Lives, Short-Lived' and it was very successful. His dad, on the other hand, is an artist, and he sells his paintings for a profit. I have 3, one for each birthday I've had since knowing Sam. So, he has been raised very proper, and never calls an authority figure by their first name.

My dad sighs as he hands us each a plate of eggs, ham, and freshly picked strawberries. 

"How do you feel today Lex? Sam mentioned you had an anxiety attack last night." Dad says to me. 

"I feel a lot better after getting some rest, and now that Sam is here" I smile at him.

"I am relieved to hear that" 

We eat in silence for a few minutes and I'm about to shove my last forkful of eggs into my mouth when my dad speaks again:

"Hey Lex, I was thinking. How would you feel about moving into Jesse's room?"

I freeze not really knowing what to say. I had thought about it once before but then shoved the thought out of my mind as quickly as it had come.

I wanted Jesse's room to stay the same. Anyways, I wasn't one for change. In fact, I hated it.

"Gee, I don't know dad..." I started

"You don't have to decide right now, but I want you to think about it okay?" he finishes for me.

"Okay," I promise.

Nobody really talked for the rest of breakfast. I sat picking at my ham, thinking things over, and dad and Sam were having a casual conversation about the weather or university or something. I'm not really paying attention. 

"I'm going to do some homework," I say getting up from the table.

"Hey let me help!" Sam says getting up too.

"Um no, it's okay. I got it" I say trying not to look him in the eyes so he can't tell I'm lying.

"Oh alright," he says sitting back down. Few! Got away with it.

I quickly walk downstairs to Jesse's room. I quickly look around to make sure I wasn't followed and slip into the room.

**Things are starting to get interesting! let me know what you think. please comment and like! Love you all thanks for reading :) -M