Incompetent

Kodie POV

Me and Skye sat in one of the pews as service began. I knew some of the church hymns from when my mom would take us. Skye put her very thing into praising God in worship. And I was all for it. Pretty soon the offering cane around an I gave about 1k because I did miss a lot of services. The ushers all gasped and eyed my money. Everyone has been eyeing me since I got here. Maybe I should be worn a polo and some khakis instead of this nice blue suit. "What's wrong" Skye whispered in my ear. "Why is everyone looking at me," I asked. "I guess they've never seen anyone like you. Plus you just gave 1k as an offering " she said. I nodded as it was sermon time. "Today I wanna talk about this generation," her Dad said. "This is a generation where anything goes. You got teens selling drugs doing drugs carrying guns. And then they got their loud hip hop music talking about killing people having sex having a good time" he said. People started saying Hallelujah. "You got boys tryna be girls you got girls tryna be boys. Girls playing football. Boys playing with Dolls. Then you got the gays and lesbians. I tell you you have to look out for these demons. There's some amongst us right now" he stared me in my eye. I gulped. "Despicable they are. They influence our young. Corrupt our children then leave is to try to lead them down the right path" he said with so much venom. "If I had anything to do with them they'd be on the first plane to Brunei. The world doesn't need faggots. The Bible clearly states that" he said. I got up and excused myself. I walked outside with my hands in my pocket. I started walking down the street. "Kodie wait up" Skye called. I looked at her. "I'm so sorry I had no idea he was gonna say those things I'll talk with him," she said. I shook my head laughing. "It's cool I get it. I'm a fag got he doesn't want his daughter dating a faggot. I'm totally cool with that" I shrugged. "No Kodie your misreading the whole situation let me talk to him," her mom said. "It's fine Mrs. Morales. I don't wanna corrupt your family anymore. Thank you for allowing me into your church maam I must say I did enjoy service" I smiled. "Now if you would excuse me I have errands to turn for my grandma," I said and started walking.

Skye POV

"Skye, "My mom said as I stormed to my car. "Mom please," I said. "I'll talk to him baby," she said. "I can't believe he embarrassed her like that in front of the whole church mama. Kodie's a good girl. She never would hurt anyone. She's the most innocent person I know" I cried. "I know baby your Dad is an insensitive incompetent guy," she said. "She's already been through some much. Her mother died when she was 14. Her dad's in jail for killing her mother and her Dada was abusive to her" I said. "Oh he's done it now," she said. "Go talk to Kodie baby I'll talk to your father. Okay," she said. I nodded and got in my car. I raced to Kodie's house. "Hey, Jah where's Kodie" I asked. "Oh, she just left for Chicago for a while. Said something about clearing her head" he said. I sighed. "You good sis," he asked. "No I'm not I'm really not," I said. "She's mad at me," I said. We sat down and talked

Kodie POV
4 hours later

I knocked on his door. Apparently, he was let out 2 months ago. He opened the door surprised. "Kodie," he said. We stared at each other with tears in our eyes. "I'm sorry," he said. "Come in there's something I should explain," he said. We went inside the house and he offered me something to drink which I declined. "I'm your uncle," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows while he explained everything. "So my mom's still alive," I asked. He nodded. He gave me her address and I drove to it. I pulled up in this nice neighborhood with gates. "I'm here to see Vicky Willaims," I said. The guy nodded letting me through. I drove to the house and saw a white girl outside carrying bags in. She stopped once she saw me pull up. I got out and walked towards her. "Does a Vicky Willaims live here?" I asked. "Mom there's a girl out here asking about you," she said. "What girl hon- Kodie," she said. Her eyes started to water. "How do you know," I asked. "I recognize those beautiful brown eyes from anywhere" she hugged me. "Let's go inside and get you settled," she said pulling me in. We had a long conversation in which she explained why she gave me to my aunt and Uncle. "Kodie this is tour stepsister Lauren," she said introducing me to the girl. "Hi Lauren you have really pretty eyes," I said smirking. "Thank you Kodie," she said. "Ahh I knew you would be gay," she said patting my butt. I blushed and pulled my pants up. "You looked like a gay baby" she chuckled. "What mom how does someone look like a gay baby" Lauren laughed causing me to laugh. "Whatever. So football huh" she said. I nodded. "And Jah's doing music and Miles is doing basketball that's good," she said. "Hopefully we all can meet one day," she said. I nodded smiling. "So how long are you here for," she asked. "For a couple of days, I got a game on Tuesday. I just had to get away" I said thinking about Skye. She's hit my phone non-stop all day. "You wanna talk about it," she asked. I nodded and I told her about Skye's incompetent insensitive father.